Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf X: The Thing Returns  (Read 61620 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf X: The Thing Returns
« Reply #135: October 09, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »
Mega OCC rant:

Green = You are dead and a good guy
Red = You are dead and a bad guy
White = You are NOT dead and your role is not revealed

NONONONO I reffer to this:

The Roles

Except for Scientists and the Thing, all other Roles MAY, not will, be in the game.

• Scientists: The simplest role - without corroborative evidence, a Scientist knows nothing for sure, but can use the power of his vote to help lynch others. Scientists win when the Thing is killed.
  • Hunters: May shoot and wound someone once per day. If the Thing is wounded, its identity is revealed. If a human is wounded he will not be lynched (if he was voted to be) and his vote will not count for that night only. Hunters win when the Thing is killed.
  • Psychics: May scan a person's mind once per day to attempt to determine their identities or roles. Multiple scans on a single person may be needed. Can work with a Psychologist to better determine someone's identity or role. Psychics win when the Thing is killed.
  • Psychologists: May study a person once per day to attempt to determine their identities or roles. Multiple scans on a single person may be needed. Can work with a Psychic to better determine someone's identity or role. Psychologists win when the Thing is killed.
  • Researchers: May study clues to the Thing's origins, behaviour, history, etc. once per day. Can work with another researcher for more relevant clues. Researchers win when the Thing is killed.
  • Escape Artists: Will escape the first time he's lynched and then hide from lynching for a day. Will be vulnerable after that.
  • Secret Government Agents: Will attempt to stop the other humans from killing the Thing. May recruit someone to be a Secret Government Agent if he is the only remaining agent left. The would-be-recruit has a choice to join or not. Recruitment is only official and valid when done by a real secret Government Agent that fulfills the stated condition and validated by Headquarters (GM). Secret Government Agents win when they reach parity with the other humans as long as the IDENTIFIED Thing lives. They will then kill off the remaining people and call in their black OPs to capture the Thing.
  • The Thing: May kill one person per day until it reaches parity and will then openly kill everyone. May infect one body one time only by absorbing its essence and transferring part of its consciousness into the new host. The new host will NOT count towards parity and will not be active until the original Thing dies and it takes over. Has a more successful attack against the quieter humans who don't speak much and keep to themselves. After a few successful attacks, can then successfully kill anyone. The Thing wins when it reaches parity and kills everyone.

The traits, are they given?:
Green to Villagers?
Red to Werewolves?
White Neutral/Both?

Thats how have been done in past games, i want to know if is like that on this game.  >:(
END OF OCC rant:

Fury

« Reply #136: October 09, 2012, 07:06:11 PM »
Mega OCC rant:

NONONONO I reffer to this:

• Scientists
  • Hunters
  • Psychics
  • Psychologists
  • Researchers
  • Escape Artists
  • Secret Government Agents
  • The Thing

The traits, are they given?:
Green to Villagers?
Red to Werewolves?
White Neutral/Both?

Thats how have been done in past games, i want to know if is like that on this game.  >:(
END OF OCC rant:

Green to Villagers? YES
Red to Werewolves? YES
White Neutral/Both? No neutrals but scientists and agents may nor may not have to work together, especially if it's going to be a matter of life and death  ;)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: October 09, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »
Green to Villagers? YES
Red to Werewolves? YES
White Neutral/Both? No neutrals but scientists and agents may nor may not have to work together, especially if it's going to be a matter of life and death  ;)

Thank you Coach!

Thats solves the Famous
Velax's Puzzle if the wolves don't kill me tonight i will be apologizing to him!  ;D

Fury

« Reply #138: October 09, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Ah, I see what you mean. Well to be clear:

For players with more than one role, their MAJOR role counts towards the win, their minor role does not.

So, there can be characters with both green AND red roles. Also, green OR red roles can be infected and turn red if the Thing dies. Green roles can also turn red if recruited by Secret Government Agents.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:23:31 PM by Fury »

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: October 09, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
Ah, I see what you mean. Well to be clear:

So, there can be characters with both green AND red roles. Also, green OR red roles can be infected and turn red if the Thing dies. Green roles can also turn red if recruited by Secret Government Agents.

................ So much coffee for nothing............. (╯゜□゜)╯︵ ┻━┻

Fury

« Reply #140: October 09, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »

NIGHT 5 EVENTS

He had put his hand in and meddled too much bringing the spotlight on himself.

After surviving for the past two days, he keeps a diary in his desk. He scribbles the message below in his diary.

"This job is becoming more dangerous. Well, for the sake of the Nobel prize, with my name on the candidate's shortlist, I should speak up as I see fit. The Scientists have no clue as to  what they are dealing with. Ah, my Research Notes are almost completed.

I attach these Research notes results that I have gathered these past two days.

It's time to rest awhile before joining my fellow Scientists to lynch D'ESpana and force him to tell the truth. Velax should shoot him before the lynch.

VOTING RESULTS

VOTE D'ESPANA - Telrunya #126, Ketchum #127, Sonya #129, Velax #132

Velax takes aim at D'Espana as the others string him up.

"Shoot him, Velax!" "Yeah, shoot him!" "Save him with your bullets!" The Scientists call out.

"Wait! Wait! I'm an agent! Code name BOND!" screams D'Espana pulling his ID card out of his breast pocket with his teeth.

The Scientist squeezes the trigger on his huge gun and a huge bang echoes throughout the station canteen. When everyone's ears stop ringing, they open their eyes and look eagerly to the rope. D'Espana still hangs there, with no wounds visible.

"You missed you idiot!"

Velax doesn't answer. He remains in the same position, not moving, gun outstretched. Suddenly he...flickers.

"What the hell...?" Telrunya walks up to Velax and pokes him. His finger goes right through. Waving his hand through Velax, he calls back to the others.

"He's a hologram!"

Meanwhile the real Velax hides in a closet in one of the bedrooms. He hears the door open and leaps out, brandishing his gun.

"I've got you now, The Thing!" And he fires at Ketchum, squeezing the trigger repeatedly. Ketchum falls to the floor. Velax stands over him, and then...

"You... shot me?" moaned Ketchum incredulously,"but I came to find you..." and then faints. He should be all right in a few hours once they patch up his shoulder.

Ketchum the Scientist is shot.

Everyone turns and looks at D'Espana.

"What did you say?" Someone asks.
"Huh? Nothing."
"You said you were an agent?"
"No, I didn't."
"Yes, you did!"
"OK! I give up. I'm a secret government agent and I have RESOURCES. We can catch this Thing!"

"NO. We're going to kill it", the scientists reply angrily and Lefanis slaps him for good measure.

BANG! Velax arrives and shoots D'Espana and this time... it was for real. D'Espana slumps to the floor and with his dying breath he whispers: "Crap... I forgot to sign my card..."

D'Espana the Secret Government Agent / Psychic is shot dead.

The rest of the night passes uneventfully.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:50:28 AM by Fury »

Zakilevo

« Reply #141: October 09, 2012, 07:41:05 PM »
Finally. We got rid of that bastard! Now it is time to get rid of the thing.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: October 09, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »
2 things:

1- i am out of coffee.... no more coffee after 1 pm..
2- i am more confused than ever!

Finally. We got rid of that bastard! Now it is time to get rid of the thing.
And it seems that we found the Psychic as well, too bad that such great trait was in wrong hands. stupid KGB agent!

Meanwhile the real Velax hides in a closet in one of the bedrooms. He hears the door open and leaps out, brandishing his gun.

"I've got you now, The Thing!" And he fires at Ketchum, squeezing the trigger repeatedly. Ketchum falls to the floor. Velax stands over him, and then...

"You... shot me?" moaned Ketchum incredulously,"but I came to find you..." and then faints. He should be all right in a few hours once they patch up his shoulder.

Ketchum the Scientist is shot.

Errr...... what?

Velax did you targeted Ketchum? of he was coming to attack you?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:58:55 PM by Sonya »

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: October 09, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »
The Thing is either Telrunya or Sonya. Or Velax, if he is Thing/Hunter...

Vote Telrunya
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: October 09, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »
Heh, such a pity. Good move, guys!
D'Espana Family

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: October 09, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »
Vote Telrunya
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #146: October 09, 2012, 11:54:35 PM »
I agree. Let's check Telrunya and Sonya.

Vote Telrunya

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: October 10, 2012, 12:06:46 AM »
I feel like this setup was massively town-sided. We're chock full of investigative roles and our lynches investigate without killing and everything. I don't see a way the Thing can possibly win since he can't even claim psychologist or psychic without someone else checking.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: October 10, 2012, 02:07:49 AM »
Congratulations, we got Secret Government Agents. Still I not understand why my vote is counted in lynching D'Espana for that night. GM, tonight my vote still count for those who have been shot and recovering today?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Fury

« Reply #149: October 10, 2012, 02:52:06 AM »
Congratulations, we got Secret Government Agents. Still I not understand why my vote is counted in lynching D'Espana for that night. GM, tonight my vote still count for those who have been shot and recovering today?
Ah, yes - I've strucked out your vote now. Thanks. You shouldn't be posting in colour, you're not dead  ;) Your vote didn't count on the night you were shot so you can vote now.