Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf X: The Thing Returns  (Read 60867 times)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf X: The Thing Returns
« Reply #15: September 30, 2012, 02:20:00 AM »
Still taking signups?

In as the outpost's german shephard.

Otherwise I'll sub :)
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 30, 2012, 04:00:27 AM »
Filesmelt is kind of slow lately. :(
I've used a different site now.
Try again.  :)

Epic  :D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 30, 2012, 04:48:16 AM »
Nice. :)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 30, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »
Still taking signups?

In as the outpost's german shephard.

Otherwise I'll sub :)
there are no subs unless asked by the player just to let you know.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Fury

« Reply #19: September 30, 2012, 07:18:24 AM »
Hehe the poster is from the web (The Thing + picture). I just added the words. I'm particularly pleased with: It's Not Human. Yet. It's written in human flesh  :o

The game hasn't started and will only start after the end of Werewolf IX so yeah keep the signups coming. Subs will only be added after the game starts.

Only human characters though. Not sure how a german shepherd will play out:

Hey, doggie - where were you last night?
Woof?
What - are you accusing me??
Woof! Woof!
Ok, this dog is clearly misleading. I VOTE DOGGIE.
Grrrr.
What'd you say? Speak English!
Woof woof woof!
Forget the vote. I'm shooting this dog.

Fury

« Reply #20: October 01, 2012, 03:44:53 AM »
Some things I'd like to highlight:

MODIFIED!
The Thing (including any infected host) wins if it manages to reach parity with the humans. The secret Government Agents win if they keep the Thing (or its infected host) alive and reach parity with the other humans (including the Thing and/or infected host).
The Thing and secret Government Agents are considered opposing 'packs'. Both cannot win together.

§1D - Failure to vote has NO consequence.
Use it or lose it. There may be benefits to not voting at all and randomly killing of your fellow humans until you have narrowed down a list of people suspected to be the Thing.

Lynching requires a minimum of 2 votes for the to-be-lynched person.
What happens if there is only a single vote? Or if multiple persons get one vote each? I would so love for this to happen and we can all find out.  ;)

§3D - Orders take place in the DAY EVENTS and are determined in the NIGHT EVENTS (before lynchings) except for hunts which comes after lynchings in the NIGHT EVENTS.
This shows the order that things happen.

§7B – Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged. Rephrasing information you know is allowed.
Sharing information may be beneficial and even necessary in certain situations.

MODIFIED!
  • Hunters: May shoot and wound someone once per day. If the Thing is wounded, its identity is revealed. If a human is wounded he will not be lynched (if he was voted to be) and his vote will not count for that night only. Hunters win when the Thing is killed.
Want to shoot someone EVERY DAY? Sure. Want to stop a vote not going your way? You know who to shoot. ;) Of course, I don't know but people might not take kindly to getting shot...

• Psychics: May scan a person's mind once per day to attempt to determine their identities or roles. Multiple scans on a single person may be needed. Can work with a Psychologist to better determine someone's identity or role.
  • Psychologists: May study a person once per day to attempt to determine their identities or roles. Multiple scans on a single person may be needed. Can work with a Psychic to better determine someone's identity or role.
If a person being scanned has more than one role then another scan on another day might be needed. If you can find a Psychic or Psychologist to complement you (must be different role from you) and you both scan the same person TOGETHER (must PM GM together) then you can find multiple roles. Otherwise a scan will always give the least important role first.

• Researchers: May study clues to the Thing's origins, behaviour, history, etc. once per day. Can work with another researcher for more relevant clues.
May prove more useful than realized.

• Secret Government Agents: Will attempt to stop the other humans from killing the Thing. May recruit someone to be a Secret Government Agent if he is the only remaining agent left. The would-be-recruit has a choice to join or not. Recruitment is only official and valid when done by a real secret Government Agent that fulfills the stated condition and validated by Headquarters (GM).
Of course you have to find the Thing first. Anyone can pretend to be a Secret Government Agent (or anyone else really). Secret Government Agents have to find each other and work together. A recruit who joins will be a full-fledged Secret Government Agent and count towards their parity. Why would anyone join? They have government resources (Black OPs) and if it comes down to life or death? Of course if they have already found the Thing and now just want to kill off the other humans...

• The Thing: Has a more successful attack against the quieter humans who don't speak much and keep to themselves. After a few successful attacks, can then successfully kill anyone.
Want to keep quiet and not attract the attention of a lynch? You now get a better chance of attracting an attack by the Thing (until it gains confidence it will seek out the weaker solitary humans first). The Thing chooses a quiet target - GM agrees, attack successful; GM disagrees, attack unsuccessful  ;D After a few successful attacks, GM no longer needs to agree.

NEW!
  • Escape Artists: Will escape the first time he's lynched and then hide from lynching for a day. Will be vulnerable after that.

Hope you like the rules.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:01:54 AM by Fury »

Fury

« Reply #21: October 01, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »
WIN Scenario

The Thing + 1 Human (any) = Parity = The Thing wins
2 Agents + 2 Other Humans = Parity = Agents wins (IDENTIFIED Thing lives)
1 Agent + 1 Other Human = Parity = Agents wins (IDENTIFIED Thing lives)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:37:54 AM by Fury »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 04, 2012, 03:35:52 AM »
WIN Scenario

The Thing + 1 Human (any) = Parity = The Thing wins
2 Agents + 2 Other Humans = Parity = Agents wins (IDENTIFIED Thing lives)
1 Agent + 1 Other Human = Parity = Agents wins (IDENTIFIED Thing lives)

Interesting, I am In, am I? Can I put another second In and have Ash Ketchum version 2 died on Night 0? :P

I like this setting, let gooooo! :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Fury

« Reply #23: October 04, 2012, 06:09:02 AM »
Ok NPC Ash to die first. He couldn't be infected because he's... an android.

2 roles modified & 1 new role added.
We'll start after Werewolf IX.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 04, 2012, 06:39:53 AM »
We'll start after Werewolf IX.

After it starts or ends?

If you intend to start after it ends, you're in for a long wait.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Fury

« Reply #25: October 04, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »
It's usually been after the current one ends but how long is long? Won't running two werewolf games be confusing? Depends on what the majority wants. I don't think there're any more sign ups.  I'm ready. But don't want people to get confused.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 04, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »
It's usually been after the current one ends but how long is long? Won't running two werewolf games be confusing? Depends on what the majority wants. I don't think there're any more sign ups.  I'm ready. But don't want people to get confused.

The game can last for a maximum of, like, two and a half months.

We normally ran two games simultaneously before this, btw.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Fury

« Reply #27: October 04, 2012, 03:56:58 PM »
Two and a half months??  :o
All right then I'm starting this in a little while...

Anyone who wants to ask questions should do it before BM Sunset time when the game starts.

Fury

« Reply #28: October 04, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »

PRE-EVENTS

After days of hard work at the research installation, the team feels it is no closer to discovering the truth about the alien attack that the survivors of Artic Research Installation X had claimed. Considering that they had very little to work with - bits of DNA, incomplete alien literature in an alien language yet to be deciphered, second-hand accounts of the attacks... no, what they needed was to experience what the survivors had - face to face.

And so in the meantime, as is human nature, curiosity about their fellow scientists start to creep in. Alliances were to be made, roles were to be discovered and most importantly, the ONE thing one everyone's mind was the stern warning: The Thing had stalked and killed their weakest, quietest most solitary comrade first: Billy their pilot. Long live Billy.

No one wanted to take any chance and be the first to go down like Billy...

No orders or votes will be made until a killing occurs.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 05, 2012, 03:14:52 AM »
Fellow scientists are we ready to proceed?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton