Author Topic: Post BT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 90014 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #75: January 09, 2013, 11:28:52 PM »
Following Sint's law does not require any "forced conversion" or beheading. As a noble of Sint, Victus could easily have read the realm laws and known that. All Ralina ever asked for was that priests of Hemaism be allowed to preach in any region aligned to Sint. After all, Victus was obviously using his position as Duke of Heen to spread his faith in the new duchy, in order to make sure his religion was firmly established to the exclusion of all others. It was a bit of a dual standard, or something, for Victus to us the authority of the treaty to attempt to claim Ducal authority over regions of the new colony, some of which were not even in his duchy, and yet deny defering to the duke who was specified by the treaty to actually hold that authority. Because Moonglum, being a Hemaist, would of course allow Hemaist priests to preach in the duchy of Heen. But that would endanger Victus' plan for religious domination of the new colony, which he has been pursuing since the day he arrived in Sint.

And your definitions of throwing a fit? It seems like you think anyone that doesn't march in lockstep with your demands is throwing a fit. Ralina and Cyprian both had very mild responses to Victus' actions. All Cyprian did was send a copy of the treaty and ask for calm and discussion. (To which Victus never responded, and instead seceded the duchy with further letters.)

In fact, the only one who could possibly have been considered to have had a fit would be Victus himself.

This is going to be one very interesting realm...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: January 09, 2013, 11:35:12 PM »
I think Fronen wanted Vatrona, and it seemed possible at a time. I was never aware of any plans for Ossmat, though. But a lot may have happened since I left it.

Thalmarkin eventually took Vatrona after OG went over to the dark side. :)

Chaotrance13

« Reply #77: January 09, 2013, 11:43:16 PM »
This is going to be one very interesting realm...

With the likes of you and Vellos in it? Yeah. I've got a nasty feeling about that.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: January 09, 2013, 11:45:26 PM »
Jeeeh for religious zealotry...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: January 10, 2013, 12:13:02 AM »
I think that this will actually be the first time our characters have ever been in a realm together. We've interacted some before (KoA/Irombrozia, Astrum/Terran, and in SA) but never in the same realm.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #80: January 10, 2013, 01:43:26 AM »
Was I using my position as duke to purge the lands of Hemaism?  You bet your ass I was.  Frankly, Victus does not trust Sint to not abuse religion to seize lands.  He is doing his best to make damned sure anti-Hemaists are the lords along the borders for realm stability. 

And think what you will.  The allied leaders have already become more iffy on Sint and its motives.  And all I had to do was show them your own words. 

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: January 10, 2013, 03:55:07 AM »
Was I using my position as duke to purge the lands of Hemaism?  You bet your ass I was.  Frankly, Victus does not trust Sint to not abuse religion to seize lands.  He is doing his best to make damned sure anti-Hemaists are the lords along the borders for realm stability. 
I can't say I blame you. It makes sense, and I can totally see what is happening. Although, borders are really mostly irrelevant now. It doesn't require adjacent regions to switch allegiance. No one in Sint seems to care, really. All the important people are all wanting to cooperate, and be friends, etc.

Let's face it: This is a golden opportunity for CoH to finally break out of Old Grehk. I understand the religion is mostly limited to OG regions. This is your chance to spread beyond the national boundaries. By all means, go for it. The more CoH spreads, the greater chance there is for religious conflict to develop out of the competition for followers.

And think what you will.  The allied leaders have already become more iffy on Sint and its motives.  And all I had to do was show them your own words.
I'd imagine. There have been some very harsh words spoken by a few zealots. It makes everything more interesting. And, honestly, I'm surprised that no one has begun the anti-Sint campaign yet to punish them for siding with the daimons in two out of three invasions. If my ruler character had survived the third invasion, he would definitely have pushed all-out to have Sint wiped off the map back then. It's too bad that people wussed out and didn't try it. As it is, Sint survived, and had a chance to try and redeem themselves in the fifth invasion. It will probably be too hard to drum up the sympathy and support to get a good crusade going. Especially with all the "we're all allies in humanity" crap still floating around.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: January 10, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
It will probably be too hard to drum up the sympathy and support to get a good crusade going. Especially with all the "we're all allies in humanity" crap still floating around.

I think it wil be much easier then you might believe.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: January 10, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »
If you can, then more power to you. I'll believe it when it happens.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: January 10, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »
Burn Sint!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: January 10, 2013, 11:13:36 PM »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: January 14, 2013, 03:38:11 AM »
In a shocking turn of events, some of Thalmarkin's lords are calling the Grand Wizard Aurelius and his Order of the Cold Flame necromancers who seek to desecrate the graves of the realm's fallen heroes with their black magicks and are refusing to surrender their magic scrolls to them!

Other lords have rallied to the defence of the Grand Wizard and argue that in order to defend against dark magic it is necessary to understand it.

But with the Grand Wizard backed by the crown, and with noted and lethal duellist Baron Immanuel one of the chief opponents of his work, it is clear that this is not a quarrel which will be easily resolved.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: January 14, 2013, 02:58:18 PM »
Thanks!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: January 22, 2013, 06:42:58 PM »
Tournament Announced   (5 minutes ago)
Outo Olavi Cosula, Duke of Vore, Margrave of Vore has announced a tournament of Swordfighting to be held in Vore 7 days from now.
There will be a charge of 15 gold for every participant. The winner will be rewarded with 150 gold in addition to the honour and prestige that his victory will earn him. There will also be a reward of 50 gold for the second best.
All nobles of the continent are welcome on the tournament grounds on the day of this event. Make sure you announce your participation in time.

Report from Outo Olavi Cosula   (5 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (35 recipients)
Good Day Beluaterra!
I Outo Olavi, Duke of Vore announce today that week from now, there will be party like no other held at Vore. Booze, women, hunting on the mountains, beer, wine...
So, join as fast as you can! There will be tourny and orgy held at Vore castle. Hunting trips to Jedinchel for beer...erh, bear hunting!
At some point we will swing bit with swords and see who is who with those sharpy things. But most of all, this is drinking fest! Place where you can meet mother or father of your future child.
Place where you can drink more than it is healthy! There ain’t much of prices for that sword thing, but Vore castle itself if place you want to see and feel!

Your party meister:
Duke Outo Olavi!

Outo Olavi Cosula
Duke of Vore
Margrave of Vore

You know, I used to ridicule people who held cheap tournaments but screw it, we're poor.

And it's something other to do than kill eachother...

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: January 22, 2013, 06:44:18 PM »
Cheap bastards...  >:( Screw it, I'm going anyway.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell