BattleMaster > BM General Discussion

Where did you draw your inspiration for your characters?

(1/5) > >>

Heq:
This is just a wonderment I have, especially as to the spread (literature/movies/history).

Here's mine...

Ciann-  Abdul Haq (Afgani warlord)
Widden- The Medici family (the Fraochs as a whole were imagined as Celtic Medici's)
Gog- Crocodile from One Piece.  Only with an ax and a hook hand and he can't turn into sand.
Solips-  Frankenstein, almost whole cloth, some alchemical theory regresses to circa 1300, but otherwise pure Frankenstein.

So where did everyone else get their mojo, or am I just less creative?

Jimgerdes:
As far as names are concerned all of my characters were D&D characters at one point. : P
As far as their personalities, each one represents a part of myself.

Sidd-The proud, honourable, sociable aspect of my personality
Jonn-The funny, although sometimes obnoxious and irritating part
Jennifer-The shy, quiet, ambitious aspect

I didn't originally intend for it to be that way, it started towards it, and I realized that and went with it.  I can do all kinds of things since my characters are all so different.

Hyral:
I start my characters off with a word or two as their core and build from there. They tend to become products of their environment over time, though...

Keiichi: Camaraderie and Amusement
Araia: Serenity
Azrea: Like-a-puppy-with-floppy-ears (seriously)
Seri: Distracted (even before she went off the deep end)
Min: Dignity and Pride
Kin: Confidence and Zest

My first character, Baiko, was orginally inspired by Tomoe Gozen, but she didn't end up anything like her :p

Silverfire:
Everyone single one of my characters or at leas the base of their personality and goals is taken directly from literature. Having read a lot of books, and not being creative with names, I literally just name them for their namesake.

Brom and Eragon, both are their namesakes from the books if you've read them. (Spoiler Alert: RP'ed as Father and Son as well)

Merlin, is somewhat similar to his namesake, but also wasn't. I always play a character named Merlin in every game. Same goes with Dante. However, Merlin is probably a mix between Iago and Caesar.

My next hopeful creation of a character is a 100% copy of Iago. (That is going to be fun...)

Nerukou:
I dug around in the deepest, darkest part of the cesspool that passes as my heart, and I chose what I thought would piss people off the most.

True story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version