Author Topic: Knight and Lord Relationship  (Read 20035 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Knight and Lord Relationship
« Reply #45: October 09, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »
That's the kind of behaviour that gets not only the realm, but the game as a whole seen as newbie-unfriendly.

Lords like that should be banned as a menace to everyone.

I agree, but in the current system you don't gain anything by doing that, so it's not even an issue.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #46: October 09, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »
You would then have to put in place something to prevent lords from kicking knights out of an estate that they want to leave empty.

Why?  If efficiency goes above the 75% max when a knight takes an estate, the lord actually gets more when a knight takes the estate.

The 75% efficiency max is before lord share is counted.  Even in empty estates the lord should only get at most 50% of the total taxes (max lord share).  Thus, if right now, making a 100% efficient empty estate produces 100 gold, and the lord gets 50 gold, after the 75% max is added, the lord would only get 38 gold, and when a knight takes the estate, the lord, provided lord share is 50%, would then get 50 gold once again.  Beneficial to both parties.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 09, 2012, 09:29:59 PM »
... how much income does the lord's estate give him in that hypothetical region? because chances are... there's just no point taking up that kind of estate, making the whole thing moot.
firefox

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: October 10, 2012, 04:23:30 AM »
You would then have to put in place something to prevent lords from kicking knights out of an estate that they want to leave empty.
accidentally.
I have had my mouse slip and kicked one of my knights.  Some kind of double check would be nice.  I suppose that it should be placed in a feature request.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #49: October 10, 2012, 04:27:52 AM »
accidentally.
I have had my mouse slip and kicked one of my knights.  Some kind of double check would be nice.  I suppose that it should be placed in a feature request.

Sorry, we do very minimal confirmation, only for extreme cases like deleting your account.  You'll have to live with misclicks like that.  It's not hard to RP it off and have him take the estate again either. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: October 10, 2012, 04:29:05 AM »
Sorry, we do very minimal confirmation, only for extreme cases like deleting your account.  You'll have to live with misclicks like that.  It's not hard to RP it off and have him take the estate again either. ;)

"Sorry dear sir, but I felt it necessary to give you a better estate in another neighborhood. Please stop by to take a look at it".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: October 10, 2012, 04:40:11 AM »
That was more or less my responce.  Thanks anyway.