Author Topic: Rogue Judges  (Read 35795 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Rogue Judges
« Topic Start: October 06, 2012, 08:06:55 PM »
I have seen a few instances where Judges of realms have been secretly working for / spying for another realm, and when found out have banned as many nobles as they could get their hands on before leaving the realm. Most recently this happened in Cathay on FEI, where the Judge was found to be a spy for an enemy realm and apparently banned half a dozen or more nobles before leaving.

This has always seemed rather lame and almost an abuse to me, as really, once a noble has been discovered as a traitor, who is going to listen to them, Judge or not? Who's going to enforce these bans issued by a traitor? What are other people's opinions on this?

Zakilevo

Re: Rogue Judges
« Reply #1: October 06, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »
Rulers should have a big red button to brand someone a traitor which forces the person to lose all the titles or something. Well at least government titles.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 06, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »
Part of the game. Protest the Judge out of his office and lift the bans. The tools are already there to handle with it. People shouldn't be too worried about keeping a clean family history.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 06, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
Rulers used to have something like, called Question Nobility. It was removed due to repeated abuse.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #4: October 06, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
Part of the game. Protest the Judge out of his office and lift the bans. The tools are already there to handle with it. People shouldn't be too worried about keeping a clean family history.
Unless something has changed, banished nobles cannot protest.  So protesting out a rogue judge becomes difficult.

And protests don't feel very medieval.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: October 06, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
This particular abuse will no longer be possible. From today on, banning will always take an hour of time and there are other safeguards, too.

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: October 06, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
This particular abuse will no longer be possible. From today on, banning will always take an hour of time and there are other safeguards, too.

Wonderful. Wouldn't it be better to make it two hours though?

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 06, 2012, 10:28:30 PM »

That's still 12+8 bans if the judge times it right..unless the other safeguards prevent it.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 06, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »
Cathay's Judge banned 17 people in one turn.

I thought it always used to take an hour from when I was Judge. I guess not.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #9: October 07, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
That's still 12+8 bans if the judge times it right..unless the other safeguards prevent it.
I have played a priest judge, as have many others.  That would enable up to 16 banishments at a time if my pool is full. Still seems...  Off.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 07, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »
I have played a priest judge, as have many others.  That would enable up to 16 banishments at a time if my pool is full. Still seems...  Off.

Yeah. Generally when you legitimately need to ban some people it's 1-3 at most. Even 3 is pushing it. I'd bet 90% of the time it's just 1 noble.

There really isn't a legit reason for banning 5+ nobles per turn, much less 10+.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 07, 2012, 01:09:35 AM »
You could have the 1 hour limit and also just hard cap it at 1 or 2 nobles per turn.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: October 07, 2012, 01:11:15 AM »
Unless you won a rebellion ;) You should be able to ban all the rebels at once.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #13: October 07, 2012, 01:30:48 AM »
That's a single button push after a rebellion, no?

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: October 07, 2012, 01:37:36 AM »
That's a single button push after a rebellion, no?

Can't remember but I believe there is an option to banish the members of a rebellion. Is it a single button?