Author Topic: titan protocols  (Read 13181 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: titan protocols
« Reply #15: October 13, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »
I think there was a complaint involving a region lord where food was piling up and the banker asked the lord to sell it and the lord was semi-inactive and the banker complained about that. Could it have been that?

perhaps it could be that event.(allthough i think it was not food pilling up but rather food beeing bought to feed the city)
But since when can't bankers complain about that?
Thats what bankers do don't they?
make sure the realm does not starve.
It's not that the lord was punished or excluded somehow from his function.
My character just asked him to sell the food or apoint a steward and then complained about it when he didnt, eventuelly he apointed a steward and the problem was resolved.

I don't see why this should mean a titan intervenes this harshly. or even at all.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #16: October 13, 2012, 01:03:50 PM »
Thats what bankers do don't they?
make sure the realm does not starve.

Realms don't starve. Regions do. Regions are the responsibility of the lord.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 13, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »

Yes practically its the lords, yet Dunnera had a Law that says the royal treasurer was "To order the sale of food throughout the realm in order to prevent starvation only."
And also "To work with foreign dignitaries in establishing a food trade, should the realm consume more food than it produces", thusly Davis was autorized and even acted out of duty to order for the food beeing bought.
Again when no food was bought, Davis just complained and eventually the lord apointed a steward.

I don't really see where Davis overstepped to be removed from his position by titans.
As he didn't state anything like if you don't buy the food within this time line then you will be fined or punished or what not.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 13, 2012, 03:15:03 PM »

Right...

This makes a lot more sense in realms with positive balances. In realms with negative balances, especially if serious chronic deficits, not so much. If the import needs are too great, you eventually need to coordinate.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 13, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
I believe the problem, in this case, was not so much that the banker was complaining about the movement of food, but that he was complaining that the movement of food was not happening because a Lord was inactive, and suggesting that another Lord should replace him.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 13, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
I believe the problem, in this case, was not so much that the banker was complaining about the movement of food, but that he was complaining that the movement of food was not happening because a Lord was inactive, and suggesting that another Lord should replace him.

If he's not doing his job, he's not doing his job... Inactivity isn't an excuse for that, as was stated multiple times.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 13, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »
If he's not doing his job, he's not doing his job... Inactivity isn't an excuse for that, as was stated multiple times.

Which means that complaining that he's not doing his job is fine. As long as you're not making it about inactivity.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #22: October 13, 2012, 05:43:30 PM »
That's the problem with the titan system. With magistrates the relevant messages could be posted for everyone to read.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 13, 2012, 05:47:08 PM »
That's the problem with the titan system. With magistrates the relevant messages could be posted for everyone to read.

Yea, titans are good for cheating and SMA violations, magistrates are better for breach of social contract.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 13, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
the other problem is that you don't KNOW who the titans are.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 13, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »
Does it matter?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 14, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »
Yea, titans are good for cheating and SMA violations, magistrates are better for breach of social contract.
the other problem is that you don't KNOW who the titans are.

I... disagree with both of these.

First, we receive way less complaints about Titan judgements than Magistrate judgements. Maybe one in thirty? One in fourty? The Titans handle way more cases -- at a higher rate -- than the Magistrates... even with their periods of inactivity.

Second, given the above, why does who they are matter at all?
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 14, 2012, 04:38:03 AM »
I... disagree with both of these.

First, we receive way less complaints about Titan judgements than Magistrate judgements. Maybe one in thirty? One in fourty? The Titans handle way more cases -- at a higher rate -- than the Magistrates... even with their periods of inactivity.

Second, given the above, why does who they are matter at all?

You can't compare feedback rate to a secret court with a public court...  Lack of complaints doesn't mean satisfaction, either.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 14, 2012, 06:05:49 AM »
Does it matter?
I think his point is for cases like his, unless you want to make the magistrate q and a area to include for titans, you have no where and no one to ask about your case. Also, magistrates you can defend yourself, from what I am hearing with Titans, someone complains and there is maybe some investigation, and then they decide- without the person being complained about able to defend himself or herself.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #29: October 14, 2012, 07:53:38 AM »
Titans can ask the defendant for evidence if they want; I think it happens less often then with magistrate cases (since magistrates always give the opportunity for the defendant to speak, this has to be the case).