Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552646 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1110: January 07, 2013, 12:42:37 AM »
In response to:

I'm not going to make a detailed reply to Mendicant's points.

Not I say Mendicant, not noblessechevalier. I have a hard time believing that a modern human being actually believes that the argument he is made is logically consistent.

You don't actually think what you're saying makes sense and is true, do you? Like, it makes sense maybe from a late-Medieval perspective that basically ignored most of what we today recognize as fundamental human freedoms, and basic problems of political economy... but I get the impression you think what your saying is true on an OOC level. And that... really shocks me.

You said:

Yes, well you give the impression you believe things such as elections truly safeguard the freedoms and civil liberties of the people, and in turn represents the people, which in this day and age for anyone to still believe such nonsense is shocking, as you would put it.

Slapping an addendum saying "oh hey btw I was just kidding all along lol" doesn't suddenly revoke everything you said, when you explicitly stated, right there, that holding democratic political views OOC in the modern age is shocking. Please don't try to BS me when it takes two clicks to prove otherwise.

I've been immature enough in digging into this flame war already so I'm gonna quit now. Have the last word if you'd like.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre