Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552153 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #120: October 13, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »
No we forced Barca into war. Whether you think so or not you had a choice as to whether to enter the war or not. I don't see how most of that had anything to do with what I last posted besides just trying to prove you you are against us. Most of those points have already been explained by Medicant IC and OOC and he is in a much better position to argue that than I am. We're not a really !@#$ty neighbor just a really !@#$ty enemy ;)

You were annoying before we were at war.

Mendicant's explanations... So what if he didn't try to "force" D'Hara to become a monarchy? The mere proposal of aiding a transition is meddling in our business. So what if he didn't ask specific reforms from Barca, he still forced them to adopt some against their will. So what if Barca never asked for Evanburg (doubtful), the treaty still states he has to give it back once their war with Madina is over. As for Paisly, he agreed to give it back when we signed peace, and now he's gonna plop a colony there anyways?

The nuances he tries to bring are pointless.

You went to war against the 'moot. Wake up. Treaty of the Maroccidens, C) iii. All signing realms have an obligation, insofar as it is possible, to provide military aid for the defense of other signing realms, if they should come under threat by man, beast, or abomination. In particular, the cities of Paisly, Chesney, and Rettleville are regarded as joint security responsibilities of the signing realms, given their nearness to threats from man, beast, and abomination, and their nearness to one another. Not only you attacked Barca, but you sieged Rettleville, which is specifically mentioned in this article. Don't try to claim you didn't know the Treaty of the Maroccidens existed, you were made aware of it much before the war. We are a federation. It's like if we attacked Candiels, and then said "Oh, well we just attacked the duchy of Candiels, none of the other duchies had to attack us!"
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron