Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 560994 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #120: October 13, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »
Malus Solari was one. I seem to recall at least one or two Luria Nova rulers being priests of SA. Then there's the dukes and other government members, over time. That today none of the rulers is SA doesn't mean that historically, SA faithful had quite a few positions with pull in the Lurias.

I never claimed that there were not SA members in high positions. I am skeptical about multiple LN rulers having been priests, but as I don't have the facts in front of me (and wasn't even present for a chunk of LN history) I can't say for certain.

Pardon my exaggeration, though. But the 'moot fought an SA realm (Kabrinskia, a theocracy!), something that the Lurias have never done.

Given that Luria has, in its 4-year history, fought exactly 2 realms outside of Luria (Fissoa and D'Hara), that ain't saying much.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan