Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 555167 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #570: November 19, 2012, 01:25:51 AM »
Whats wrong with supporting Aurvandiil? All I hear about is SA plans to invade Asylon from even before the war against Kabrinskia. The only Astroist state that Asylon gets along with is Morek.

If we support SA we support all of our eventual dooms, for all kingdoms not a theocracy are merely a tool to be used by SA. There is no room for diversity in fundamentalist theocracy and if you think SA will change to accomadate your diverse kingdom you are wrong.

You mean, aside from the fact that Aurvandil is the only thing that could have ever caused the 'moot to align itself in such a way with the theocracies?

You fear the spread of the astrocracies so much, and yet out of this fear you support the very elements that are provoking it.

Had the war continued on badly without northern intervention, I wouldn't have been surprised to see 'moot realms starting to offer converting to SA or adopting a theocratic government style in order to get SA's help. I know a few would much rather live as "puppets" to SA than as puppets to Mendicant. I doubt it would have been in SA's advantage to let Aurvandil grow out of control just to get a few more converts, but still the fact remains that the Aurvandilian threat is a much more likely force to make people adopt SA than SA is itself. Many people, when faced with a lose-lose scenario between siding with one of two opposing blocs, will side with the enemy of whoever attacked them first, just out of spite. Many D'Harans are proud of being D'Haran, for example, and would not stand being a vassal to any foreign blocs. But if D'Hara is menaced with extinction, these people are sure as hell to do all in their power, whatever the cost, to get back at the people who stole their realm from them.

Aurvandil won't help you prevent SA hegemony. The only thing it can do is incite non-aligned parties to join in on the hegemony just to better resist Aurvandil's unnatural strength. And besides, at least in SA you can try to go up the ranks and get involved in the power plays. Sure beats being Mendicant's bitch and being part of their fishy scheme that pumps CS and gold out of nowhere.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron