Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 555310 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #780: November 24, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
She Did Have Her Guards Rape You In Prison.

This is an example of how somebody RP two someone else's characters. In this case, it seems for a different reason from adding flavour or fun to the game, as it's intended to humiliate someone else's character.

As far as I am aware, it was declared an attempted rape. And when you get an angry mob of fanatical peasants trying violently to drag a woman from her home, well it's rather safe to assume it would escalate to sexual violence and her being beaten to death.

If Chénier finds distasteful the roleplaying that you and other players have played, I guess it's because he doesn't feel identified with all the raping thing, and didn't roleplayed that the mob were trying to rape Florence.

I think we shouldn't use that kind of RP. Maybe we could think that a medieval angry mob would have raped or beaten a lady. But you can't make just a simulation feature of a game in which many other players should enjoy. Every player should avoid that kind of RP, whether it's related to a character, or just the peasants in the game, with raped children and that sort of things. We can just assume there's another kind of interesting RP apart from this, rather than justify it at all cost.

One thing is rivalry among players, let's try to think more often OOC and not humiliate rivals.