Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552797 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #90: October 12, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
Interesting, I don't recall stating I want to wipe Terran off the map, or enacting such a policy, but then I'm only the guy who makes these policies and then declares them so I'm not really "in the know". I've never said I wanted to wipe Terran out, Terran however has made it clear they want to wipe Aurvandil from existence by one means or another, and they've made it clear they absolutely hate everything about Aurvandil when they spammed the Aurvandilan government with what can only be called hate mail rather than any sort of legitimate communique. Terran doesn't want to believe peace is possible because it's inconvenient for them to think like that, they'd much rather demonise Aurvandil as a mad animal trying to murder them all because it vindicates their own ridiculous misconceptions about Aurvandil, and justifies their policy of trying to have Aurvandil exterminated.

Terran insisted on this war anyway despite Aurvandil making it clear war wasn't in any of our interests, it's only fair that they fear for their lives against Aurvandil when they refusal the Aurvandilan requests to maintain peace. Terran raised their swords against us, they can't then act affronted when Aurvandil raises its own sword to defend itself against Terranese aggression.

For someone who consistently complains of the all the bias against yourself you sure like to spew filthy propoganda about others a whole lot.

None of that is true, obviously. First of all you very well know you started the war by refusing to honor the Treaty of Evanburg, also you quite conveniently decided to have a hissy fit about how Barca/Terran/D'Hara are allied and so anything we decided together was therefore invalid or "corrupt."

Also, again, it isn't like you've offered any amicable peace or made it in any way apparent that such a thing would be possible. All of the communication we've received or heard form Mendicant is that he wants to march up and sack us, that we are stuck up (haha pot calling the kettle black), and that somehow big ole' Aurvandil is the victim here when Aurvandil has done nothing but quite purposefully ravage wreck the Maroccidens and the Véinsørmoot.

You knew quite well what buttons you were pushing when you decided to break the Treaty of Evanburg, steal regions from Barca, sack Rettleville and declare the 'Moot a bunch of uncivilized people living in huts. Just because you don't like/need alliances doesn't automatically absolve you of the blame for triggering a war that involves someones allies. It's fine I guess, you obviously have the strength to do it and that's kind of the point of the game, but at least don't try to pin it on Terran when talking OOC.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:41:14 PM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)