Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 553519 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #900: December 16, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
Bull crap, every noble is a politician except in Aurvandil as claimed by Mendicant, which I wish I could participate in for a month, or a week, but my character at the moment would not join. I nearly said never but because of the way I role play my character in a long term, seen by few, manner it could perhaps happen eventually, but no time soon. OOC, not even talking about your military or gold maneuvering, Aurvandil is amazing due to its political system, which is that it does not exist.

The political system is rightfully outlawed, Mendicant is teh politics.. It's interesting that Aurvandil functions without it, whilst ensuring the nobles are heard and represented without need of one.

:o

erm...

Okay, yeah, I'm just gonna' drop the mic now and claim victory. You actually just claimed that dictatorship is a better safeguard of liberty than democracy, on an OOC level, not ICly at all. Methinks you need a history lesson– especially French history. You could learn the language and some historical truth all at once.

No I didn't

And since when was the world split between only two government systems, democracy and dictatorships? It's not as black and white as that, and yet you would go so far as to say I am the one who needs educating, despite the gross ignorance you've just displayed.

And indeed I do need to learn French, but learn French history? I know it well enough and am still learning it, and I'm not exactly sure why a greater knowledge of French history is relevant, Aurvandil takes elements from it and are mostly influenced by it, but pursue a unique culture from it. Unless of course you were just making a needless, derisive comment.

The problem is finding a successor that's just as good, should you truly have found the perfectly benevolent dictator.

I, for one, would love to see something happen to Mendicant, such as capture in battle, to see what happens with the rulership elections.

Mendicant has already been captured in battle, Madina tried to execute him and luckily they failed. When Mendicant is captured, the throne remains vacant. Though, even if an election would be called, that'd be declared high treason and any who ran would be banished, I imagine. Mendicant can only be deposed through rebellion, protests, or the public removing their consent.

did he mention dictatorship in that quote? I don't think so. I think what he meant to say is that constituents can almost never be truely and fairly represented in a democracy.

What I said, were that elections are not the best means by which a people are represented (short of perhaps, direct democracy). Of course some people immediately associate anything like that with tyranny and dictatorship, 'cause obviously the only form of freedom in this world comes at the end of a vote.

As I understand it, he was literally saying that a monarchy better represents the people than a representative democracy.

I thought Aurvandil was interesting prior to this. Now knowing that their beliefs aren't just roleplayed, but like, are acted out in a delusional gratification of their perverse ideal real world... yeah not just a wee bit scary, closer to psychotic.

Well, it does.

And spare me the drama as everyone seems to be putting words in my mouth and freaking the !@#$ out that I doubted the efficacity of elections, it has nothing to do with my personal views, of which Aurvandil is greatly juxtaposed to. My ideal real world is nothing like Aurvandil, nor my ideal political system. Aurvandil of course, is some of those views taken to a deliberate roleplayed extreme. But psychotic? Oh come on get a grip man.

more like noblesse chevalresque confirmed for 2edgy4u 20-something year old
stopped responding to my letters so karibash has to come stab him personally. damn shame!

As Mendicant told Karibash, send him something worthy of reading or don't reply at all. All Karibash did in that last letter was wank over himself.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:03:20 PM by NoblesseChevaleresque »