Author Topic: Sea Travel Feedback  (Read 59800 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Sea Travel Feedback
« Reply #15: October 12, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »
    Zenith Coast    (307 miles, ca. 26 hours)  <----- eh.. so 26 was correct? and somehow zenith->northern passage had the wrong distance/time? guess i'll check again the next time i pass through that bit. (or someone look it up on the db XD)

It's not stored in the database, it's actually calculated from the distance which is also not stored anywhere, but calculated from the mid-points, which are ALSO not stored anywhere, but calculated from the polygon. Oh, except for land-sea-land travel where we use actual travel distance not mid-point, so going to neighbouring regions is faster than going to the one on the other side of the sea zone.

eh... wtf... still can't sail to channel of gelene?!... ok... a closer look at the map shows... eh... the bridges acting as a sort of barrier.. and the channel isn't linked to the 2 sea areas up there. will that be changed?

I don't plan to, no.

still.. landing at cold spring for 19 hours sounds like a bargain. looks as if when it says i've arrived in northern passage... it literally means i arrived in the middle of it, right off the coast of Valldir... so i guess... sea travel really sucks if are going from the shore near the edge of 1 sea area to the nearer edge of the next area..  whereas it's great if you are doing far edge to far edge or middle to middle.

See above. No, I thought of that. If you go land-sea-land, it takes the distance between the two land regions into account.