Author Topic: Population damage and repair  (Read 16181 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Population damage and repair
« Reply #15: October 13, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »
As a ruler, I have attempted to increase diplomatic relations across the continent as a whole regarding my realm. While I agree with you that those who don't line up allies are foolish to do so, there are some realms that they do not have options, created by the diplomatic climate(e. g. Armonia, Eponllyn, Dunnera).

Don't blame the game, then. You tried, you failed. The problem isn't starvation, it's diplomacy.

Starving cities is difficult? Just send it rogue for a week. See how quickly that bitch can spiral out of control.
(...)
On places like the East Continent, we have completely decimated cities by war in realms who just started, have few diplomatic ties to speak of, and are just generally not very well off.

"Send it rogue for a week". There's your half problem. Why did you let it go rogue? And why did you let it go rogue with empty warehouses...?

"Sending cities rogue" is no easy task. Cities usually have significant fortifications (lvl 5, or 4 was it sieged often) and lots of militia. And if it's a capital, then all of the recruitment centres are there, and odds are many of the inactive nobles are as well.

If you colonized a ravaged city and didn't line up allies, don't expect to have it all handed over to you. You reap what you sow.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron