Author Topic: Population damage and repair  (Read 16173 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Population damage and repair
« Reply #15: October 13, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »
Don't blame the game, then. You tried, you failed. The problem isn't starvation, it's diplomacy.

"Send it rogue for a week". There's your half problem. Why did you let it go rogue? And why did you let it go rogue with empty warehouses...?

"Sending cities rogue" is no easy task. Cities usually have significant fortifications (lvl 5, or 4 was it sieged often) and lots of militia. And if it's a capital, then all of the recruitment centres are there, and odds are many of the inactive nobles are as well.

If you colonized a ravaged city and didn't line up allies, don't expect to have it all handed over to you. You reap what you sow.

Sending cities rogue is much easier than you think. Now, it's no easy thing to do, but it's not nearly as hard as you are making it out to be. Inactive nobles are there only if it's the capital. Otherwise, it may have militia and walls. 'Lots' is a hell of a subjective term.

That's actually just the problem. I didn't reap anything. I am the second King, I am building off of the job of the first. Also, I did not ravage the city, in fact, I explicitly asked them not to completely destroy the city while I was in Sirion. Obviously, that was to no avail. My realm was put at the mercy of military strategists who would not have to deal with these consequences later down the line. That, indeed is part of the problem.