Author Topic: Population damage and repair  (Read 16136 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Population damage and repair
« Reply #30: October 13, 2012, 07:34:43 PM »
I don't think you understand what happened. I didn't put anyone, anywhere. My realm didn't take any actions that caused Oroya to become a wreckage of epic proportions. We have been screwed over by the realm's society, the same realm society you propose holds the answer to this predicament. You think if people just act this specific way, this problem will be solved. People do not act that way. Therefore, the game must take that into account.

While I can say there is some truth to 'you reap what your predecessor sowed', many of these realms, if they have alliances, are at the mercy of a single more powerful realm. In Nivemus' case, it's Sirion. In Dunnera's it was Caligus. And even though they don't have relations: In Eponllyn, it's Perdan and in Armonia, it's Caligus. The only thing not crushing those realms on some arbitrary whim is because they don't have a reason, or just simply don't want to.

Nivemus has done exactly this: take devastated region, surround with well fed regions to help immigration possibilities, and put time and money into the city. Please explain to me how THAT is wrong!

Making other realms not want to destroy you is called diplomacy. If you don't want diplomacy to be a factor, go play War Islands.

If repairing a devastated city sucks for you, then your mistake was deciding to settle there in the first place. Beggars can't be pickers.

And I don't know what "realm society" you speak of. If you mean the new game mentality, I'm not advocating it, I'm just stating as a fact that it wasn't there back then when looting didn't do damage. And that it's not going away, the mentality shift is, imo, irreversible.

I don't mean to be an !@#$%^&, but these are isolated problems that result from decisions players collectively made.

And citing an EC socio-political context doesn't justify game-wide changes. Enough changes were imposed on players throughout the years because some EC !@#$%^&s didn't care enough to create a fun environment for their peers, and because said peers couldn't be bothered to change things themselves. EC-specific issues are not mechanics problems, they are people problems.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron