Author Topic: Population damage and repair  (Read 16129 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Population damage and repair
« Reply #30: October 13, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »
Aren't we playing this game to fight wars? After all this game is called BATTLEMASTER. I can't stress this enough, we are not playing a medieval simulator, we are playing a game. Do we have more people than when the game was more like a game than what is currently now? Something close to a simulator? Will slowing the game down bring more people? I doubt that.

Whether you like it being a simulator or not, going to war for the sake of it will likely result in you getting killed.

Again, a people problem, not a mechanics problem.

I've instigated a lot of wars and conflicts myself, but they were done with specific purposes in mind. If you can't count on being able to pacify a foe in order to be able to then strike another, you are forced to always fight the same neighbor over and over again. Non-stop warfare with the same opponent gets dull.

If you think this game is just about war, then why do so many people complain when a war starts stretching for a long time? War must alternate with peace.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron