Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Capital Move Conditions?

Started by Eirikr, October 13, 2012, 06:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eirikr

What are the conditions for moving a capital? I just tried to move Coria's capital from Barad Falas to Barad Gardor and got this message:

You can not move your capital here while there is unrest or war.

There are no enemy units in either region as far as I know and we are only at war with Darka, who is stuck on the other side of Eston. Before I declare neutrality with Darka (and explain it away), I want to be sure it'll actually fix the problem.

Indirik

It has nothing to do with the diplomatic status of War. It has to do with battles. There has probably been a battle in either city recently, or perhaps there has been unrest or protests?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eirikr

Quote from: Indirik on October 13, 2012, 06:39:09 PM
It has nothing to do with the diplomatic status of War. It has to do with battles. There has probably been a battle in either city recently, or perhaps there has been unrest or protests?

I'll ask the lord, but I didn't see any. Can the new capital have rogue regions bordering it?

Indirik

Eirikr

Alright, guess the worst case is I wait a turn and then file a bug report if it's still not working.

egamma

Don't forget the prohibitions on strategic capital moves.

Eirikr

Quote from: egamma on October 14, 2012, 12:31:58 AM
Don't forget the prohibitions on strategic capital moves.

Enlighten me? In this case, we're moving the capital because it's closer to the center of our realm and will help with our new regions' stats.

Perth

Quote from: Eirikr on October 14, 2012, 02:12:39 AM
Enlighten me? In this case, we're moving the capital because it's closer to the center of our realm and will help with our new regions' stats.

Aaannnnnddd so that you can cede the Barad Falas duchy to Eston, right?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

Quote from: Eirikr on October 14, 2012, 02:12:39 AM
Enlighten me?
A strategic capital move goes something like: "We should move our capital from Waybackville to Frontlineville. Frontlineville is much closer to the war, so our refit times will be much shorter than theirs, and they won't be able to invade and loot our farmlands without getting past our new capital."

Eirikr

Quote from: Indirik on October 14, 2012, 04:44:21 AM
A strategic capital move goes something like: "We should move our capital from Waybackville to Frontlineville. Frontlineville is much closer to the war, so our refit times will be much shorter than theirs, and they won't be able to invade and loot our farmlands without getting past our new capital."

Oh, good. All clear then.

Eirikr