Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

No message upon election as region lord?

Started by Bedwyr, October 16, 2012, 06:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedwyr

Now, I will freely admit it's been a while since I've been elected as region lord (read: Never) but I thought you received some message along the lines of "Hey, you're a lord now!  That's awesome!  Have fun with your nifty new buttons!".  As is, there's literally no message.  There's the referendum result, which everyone gets, and a message to all the knights of the former region saying that the estate has been vacated, but nothing specifically to me.

On Beluaterra, if that matters.

If this isn't a bug or oversight, might I suggest a message like the one I described above?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Tom

Who's working on the poll system these days? I've not looked there for a long time, but I agree there should be a message.

fodder

do you get that kind of messages with appointments?
firefox

Kellaine

Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Telrunya

Quote from: fodder on October 16, 2012, 12:03:37 PM
do you get that kind of messages with appointments?

You do get a personal message next to the realm-wide announcement of the appointment:

QuoteAppointed as Lord   (13 days, 1 hour ago)
personal message
Khari Kye, Duchess of the Maddening Star, Margravine of Golden Farrow, Priestess of Sanguis Astroism has appointed you as the new lord of Farrowfield.
You should probably check out the region and estates and make sure everything runs smoothly.

Anaris

Message has been added in rev. 6614.

This was simply an oversight.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan