Author Topic: OOC Accusations of cheating on the Forum  (Read 15530 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Accusations of cheating on the Forum
« Topic Start: October 19, 2012, 01:16:21 PM »
I think it is important to provide Solari's original remark, in context:

You mean the cheaters and OOC buddies? I can't imagine why they'd have a poor opinion of us. :'(

As Chénier says, this statement is not clear. However, from the wording of both posts, it seems something of a stretch to claim that Solari was referring to all Solarian exiles as cheaters. For one thing, his post makes a distinction between "cheaters" and "OOC buddies". For another, by the wording of Chénier's post that he was replying to, the strong implication was that some of the Solarian exiles would not describe the Lurias as civilized, and thus only some would be among those that Solari was referring to.

I do not see what Chénier describes as a "generalization...defamatory to these people"—at least, not unless someone deliberately chooses to see themselves as being among the group described by Solari.

Many exiles came from the Lurias at various times, from various realms (though having passed through Solaria at some point or another). ALL of them have spread a dark image of the Lurias and particularily of Solaria.

I find it doubtful that they are all OOC buddies. Should it be the case, that's not really cheating it itself. However, he said "cheaterS". Plural. Suggesting they are all both cheaters and OOC conspirators. I find that the wording tends to leave one to believe that all of those who joined D'Hara and once resided in Solaria are cheaters.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron