Author Topic: Buying a city  (Read 1761 times)

Thehatter

Buying a city
« Topic Start: October 25, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »
If you have enough family wealth and the duke of an enemy city has been wounded, can you buy there city?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Buying a city
« Reply #1: October 25, 2012, 12:41:14 PM »
IIRC, buying regions with family wealth is a feature that no longer exists. So you can't buy it.

Thehatter

« Reply #2: October 25, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
Can you do a regular take over an enemy city that is not adjacent to your realm? Its been awhile since I could do these options. Also if you want it to secede and you just joined the realm are there any limitations?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 25, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »
You can buy an enemy city, just not a city in your realm.

But I don't see what the Duke has to do with it. If the Margrave's seriously wounded, though, you may have a chance.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 25, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
if it's next to sailable water (TO)

if you just join the realm, how on earth do you get the dukeship? a region cannot secede. it can only change allegiance to another duchy. only a duchy can secede.
firefox

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 25, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
But I don't see what the Duke has to do with it. If the Margrave's seriously wounded, though, you may have a chance.

Indeed, but if you do succeed you will only become Margrave, not Duke. Only your ruler can make you Duke, you can't buy it anymore. And you need to be a Duke to secede.
After all it's a roleplaying game.