Author Topic: BattleMaster Academy  (Read 14111 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: BattleMaster Academy
« Reply #15: October 26, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »
Ok mentioning the age was not a good move. I'm just saying that most of the good players of this game learned it by trial and error and asking IC to other good players, and I think this is something that makes the game cool. You can't find "how to" videos on youtube for battlemaster, and even the help pages are not always that helpful.

Clearly if a good manual helps player retention I would withdraw all my critics, but I am not sure that's going to be the case.

This argument seems to boil down to, "Hey, I had to go through hell to find this stuff out, so there's no way I'm helping anyone else find it out easier! Let them go through what I went through!"

From where I sit, this is all just sensible information. The kind of thing that should, from an IC perspective, be available from any good tutor or well-stocked library. No one should have to go through lots of IC rigamarole to get it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan