Author Topic: BattleMaster Academy  (Read 13435 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: BattleMaster Academy
« Reply #30: October 27, 2012, 12:07:49 AM »
!@#$ 'em. I am dead serious. This is what the wiki is for. The forum is a horrible place to find stuff, because after a while it will be buried, and I do not guarantee that we won't clean out old threads some time.

This is what the wiki is for. And you have a lot more formating options, can put stuff into subpages, link between them. Really. Whoever wants to put tutorial-stuff into the forum is seriously short on clues.

Agreed.  This is partly why the original series by Bedwyr wasn't visible enough in the first place, otherwise this project would be named "Fix tutorial and information Matt and Gang wrote back in the day". ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 27, 2012, 04:09:20 AM »
!@#$ 'em. I am dead serious. This is what the wiki is for. The forum is a horrible place to find stuff, because after a while it will be buried, and I do not guarantee that we won't clean out old threads some time.

This is what the wiki is for. And you have a lot more formating options, can put stuff into subpages, link between them. Really. Whoever wants to put tutorial-stuff into the forum is seriously short on clues.

The idea is to use the specific forum threads as a way to generate material for wiki articles.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: November 11, 2012, 03:36:12 AM »
I'm ready to give that first class on "how to become ruler of a powerful realm and then destroy it within 15 months."
Teaching from experience.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: November 11, 2012, 04:14:32 AM »
I'm ready to give that first class on "how to become ruler of a powerful realm and then destroy it within 15 months."

Ibladesh? :o

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #34: November 11, 2012, 04:52:13 AM »
Ibladesh? :o

Plenty more where that came from. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: November 12, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »
There are one Adventurer class I can give. A combination of below.

1) How to become a good annoying Adventurer, the first Adventurer to be discussed by your own realm council

2) How to end up in your own realm prison as Adventurer, beaten up by your own realm nobles to almost dead and broken bones in your body
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #36: November 12, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »
I could teach military strategy. Gustav gave a speech, though an outdated one, in the IC academy in Morek regarding the various unit settings, types, what they should be used for, etc. If there was one thing i'd change about his speech, it would be the MI section, as I no longer view them as useless.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: November 25, 2012, 11:40:23 PM »
A bit necromancy but I would like to see this actually get done. Long ago, for the first attempt at this, Indirik said spread the info onto the help pages of the wiki. Honestly, I hate the idea of doing that because if I was a new regional lord, I don't want 20 links when I ask for help, I want one or two that has all, or most of the relevant info to being a region lord, also I like the idea of doing the forum Q & A but as Tom puts it, they get buried so after summarizing the info onto the wiki page, we can also link the forum thread. Gustav, as you were the main one to take it seriously for volunteers, would you be interested in starting up a thread on military soon? I
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #38: November 26, 2012, 12:29:22 AM »
A bit necromancy but I would like to see this actually get done. Long ago, for the first attempt at this, Indirik said spread the info onto the help pages of the wiki. Honestly, I hate the idea of doing that because if I was a new regional lord, I don't want 20 links when I ask for help, I want one or two that has all, or most of the relevant info to being a region lord, also I like the idea of doing the forum Q & A but as Tom puts it, they get buried so after summarizing the info onto the wiki page, we can also link the forum thread. Gustav, as you were the main one to take it seriously for volunteers, would you be interested in starting up a thread on military soon? I

Sure, but you'll have to finish your last statement, it only says I.

It would be useful to have a start-up question, as well.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: November 26, 2012, 01:36:51 AM »
You can create a How to be a Region Lord page, if you want, and fill it out. But we should also have the help pages filled out as well. These are the pages that are directly linked from the IG pages via the Help icon.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: November 26, 2012, 06:03:02 AM »
You can create a How to be a Region Lord page, if you want, and fill it out. But we should also have the help pages filled out as well. These are the pages that are directly linked from the IG pages via the Help icon.
Both does not sound like a bad idea, I just don't want to refer them to a bunch of help pages if they ask about how to be a region lord, for example.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: November 26, 2012, 06:25:26 AM »
Sure, but you'll have to finish your last statement, it only says I.

It would be useful to have a start-up question, as well.
I was going to say one last thing, then I decided to remove it and I accidentally left the I. As to a start up question, this isn't really a question but a topic, the unit settings and such as you said you said you have already talked about it before.
― G.K. Chesterton