Author Topic: Subclasses and troop limits  (Read 2241 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Subclasses and troop limits
« Topic Start: October 30, 2012, 05:12:44 AM »
One of my characters was a Cavalier and led about 80 cavalry troops. I wanted to go back to being a normal Warrior with no subclass, so I clicked that option under Actions. I knew I had too many troops for that to work but figured it would tell me how many I'd need to drop (like it does when you are switching to Diplomat or Courtier).

But it worked. I still have my 80 cavalry even though the Military Advisor says as a Warrior with no subclass I can only lead ~55. Is this intended, or a bug?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Subclasses and troop limits
« Reply #1: October 30, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
That's a bug.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 31, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »
The same as my priest commanding cavalry after class change. Gues Ill have to wait till they desert since I do not have the abandon unit command, nor can I see their status for that matter.
I seems pausing got rid of my unit.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:55:51 PM by mikm »

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 31, 2012, 01:43:01 PM »
Does anyone know chance for character death in battle if he/she has hero subclass, is it random like 1-100% or? I didn't want to start new topic just to ask this so i hope its okay if i ask in this one...
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 31, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »
Does anyone know chance for character death in battle if he/she has hero subclass, is it random like 1-100% or? I didn't want to start new topic just to ask this so i hope its okay if i ask in this one...

I don't think you have more chances of getting wounded than if you are a non-hero. However, if you are wounded, you've got a good chance to die of your wounds.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 31, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »
Well, that's not exactly accurate.

If a hero is wounded badly enough in battle, he will die. No other wounds will kill the hero, and if he survives the battle, he will not die of the wounds, no matter what.

Because it is based on wounding in battle, there is no set percent chance of death. It is based on a variety of factors, including but certainly not limited to the unit commanded, the size and composition of the enemy force, and the hero character's age.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan