Author Topic: How easy would amphibious assaults be?  (Read 8029 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How easy would amphibious assaults be?
« Topic Start: October 30, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »
Those of you who saw the moral penalty thread may have noticed the debate about how easily one realm could claim a capital city by sea.

It was suggested that a very large army could ship straight to the "doughnut region" which surrounds all cities on Dwilight. Land there, and then march on the capital in a single surprise attack.

I see the following barriers in place that should make this extremely difficult.

1. It is hard to coordinate a large force to move in unison. As it stands this is easier by sea since all zones seem to have 16 hour travel times between them. I've heard this will change soon, which is a good thing.

2. There is a penalty for landing in a defended beach. This would need to be high enough that even a townsland would have a good chance of fending off an amphibious assault, or at least inflicting heavy casualties on the attacking force.

3. I'm told there is a feature in mind which will allow a coastal region to see ships in its adjacent sea zone. I think this is a very important feature to finish.

So with all this in mind, is such an assault as easy to pull off as some would claim?