Author Topic: Madinan reunion?  (Read 14627 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Madinan reunion?
« Topic Start: October 31, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »
I'd like to know if theres intrest among players previously in Madina or with aspirations to be in it, to establish a realm based on it's culture and perhaps even religion?
I personally like it and still play two madinan characters with one of them still fiercly praying for "'er mercy"

Some basic concepts of Madinan culture where/are:

Strong anti royalist fuedalism, embracing free trade and the belief that a man can rule over his own property, including land.
It knows 4 classes, Governors(dukes, owners of duchies), Lords, Knights, Commoners.
Fashion is often informal or a way to express once richness, there is little or no formal fashion for a governor a lord or a government member.
Goverment is there to protect freedom of personal choice and trade, not take it away.
An eye for an eye will solve conflicts, a judge can simply guide to process of revange.
Land is a gift of 'er big blue deepness(God in the form of all the waters) and thus is life, and only sustains so because the big blue deep is pleased by worship and fear towards her and all that she contains(including fish n especialy sea monsters, like the Kraken for all ye fans out there) a Madinan never sails the oceans without fearing 'er wrath, shes served by showing strenght but also by respecting nature and her superior divine powers to swallow the world a whole or unleas a might monster upon ye.
Some things are above men and should be left alone with respect and fear, for example the Zuma or other superior beeings.
Excessive celebration and alcohol consumption, feast now for one day you shall perish.
A strong desire to make profit and become rich, which goes with the equally strong desire to spend it, especially publicly.
A desire and for some even a divine right to plunder ships, caravans, regions or cities, the strong shall stand the weak shall perish.
The stars are good tools to navigate or even predict the future as they are the reflection of the world with her oceans.
The souls of the dead go to the abbys under the waves from where restless souls rise again to terorize the living(undead), there is no after life or heaven, some souls find rest others don't 'n will come back.
Beauty and fertility are highly respected and cherished.
Do what i must as long as i by 'er mercy can for one day i longer am.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog