Author Topic: Madinan reunion?  (Read 14621 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Madinan reunion?
« Topic Start: October 31, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »
I'd like to know if theres intrest among players previously in Madina or with aspirations to be in it, to establish a realm based on it's culture and perhaps even religion?
I personally like it and still play two madinan characters with one of them still fiercly praying for "'er mercy"

Some basic concepts of Madinan culture where/are:

Strong anti royalist fuedalism, embracing free trade and the belief that a man can rule over his own property, including land.
It knows 4 classes, Governors(dukes, owners of duchies), Lords, Knights, Commoners.
Fashion is often informal or a way to express once richness, there is little or no formal fashion for a governor a lord or a government member.
Goverment is there to protect freedom of personal choice and trade, not take it away.
An eye for an eye will solve conflicts, a judge can simply guide to process of revange.
Land is a gift of 'er big blue deepness(God in the form of all the waters) and thus is life, and only sustains so because the big blue deep is pleased by worship and fear towards her and all that she contains(including fish n especialy sea monsters, like the Kraken for all ye fans out there) a Madinan never sails the oceans without fearing 'er wrath, shes served by showing strenght but also by respecting nature and her superior divine powers to swallow the world a whole or unleas a might monster upon ye.
Some things are above men and should be left alone with respect and fear, for example the Zuma or other superior beeings.
Excessive celebration and alcohol consumption, feast now for one day you shall perish.
A strong desire to make profit and become rich, which goes with the equally strong desire to spend it, especially publicly.
A desire and for some even a divine right to plunder ships, caravans, regions or cities, the strong shall stand the weak shall perish.
The stars are good tools to navigate or even predict the future as they are the reflection of the world with her oceans.
The souls of the dead go to the abbys under the waves from where restless souls rise again to terorize the living(undead), there is no after life or heaven, some souls find rest others don't 'n will come back.
Beauty and fertility are highly respected and cherished.
Do what i must as long as i by 'er mercy can for one day i longer am.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Madinan reunion?
« Reply #1: October 31, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »
mmm... I don't think the Falkirkians will like this very much!  ::)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 31, 2012, 11:44:12 PM »
mmm... I don't think the Falkirkians will like this very much!  ::)

Even if it'd be to create a "free and sovereign" state?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 01, 2012, 01:20:38 AM »
Why?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 01, 2012, 01:43:24 AM »
Why?

I suppose he mean this is the kind of thing could better be made in game, not here... and I agree, but honestly I don't know how, as the game don't have any way to make global messages or rumours or news or whatever.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 01, 2012, 02:14:53 AM »
It's a question to see if anyone is interested. I don't see the harrm in that. It's not like he's soliciting for realms to attack someone, or infils to assassinate someone, or for coordinating a multi-realm move. This kind of request happens on the forums all the time. It's a great way to find interested parties.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 01, 2012, 02:19:51 AM »
It's done on IRC ALL of the time. I don't see anything wrong with this either. It's not sharing privileged info, it's players trying to get together to have more fun.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 01, 2012, 02:56:04 AM »
Its planning IC actions and gaining IC support using OOC. Saying "One day I'd like to make a new Madina" is different to "Who would be interested in getting together with me and making a new Madina" which is what was said. If this is allowed here then by all means, I'll delete my posts and leave it be but I'd have thought it would be the same as messaging your leige over msn and asking for gold
This is more like a straw poll, if he sees some interest here he will see that he has at least a few potential character though he might not be sure who, and he will publicize work on getting characters IG, he is just seeing if there is some interest. He is not going to just do this, make the realm and expect all the characters of the players to join without any IG messages. He will work on it IC, he is just seeing if its even worth attempting basically.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 01, 2012, 02:57:41 AM »
Its planning IC actions and gaining IC support using OOC. Saying "One day I'd like to make a new Madina" is different to "Who would be interested in getting together with me and making a new Madina" which is what was said. If this is allowed here then by all means, I'll delete my posts and leave it be but I'd have thought it would be the same as messaging your leige over msn and asking for gold

People have been doing it on IRC forever. I don't see why we'd punish those who now do this on the forums when the devs were fully aware of this practice since for as long as I can remember.

It'd be preferable to be done IG. But we can't prevent these things from being done OOC.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 01, 2012, 03:02:34 AM »
Alright then, my appologies for thread theft, i'll be deleting these now.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 01, 2012, 03:06:12 AM »
Alright then, my appologies for thread theft, i'll be deleting these now.
Leave it, it will clear up confusion to others with similar questions.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 01, 2012, 03:11:40 AM »
Leave it, it will clear up confusion to others with similar questions.

I agree.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 01, 2012, 03:18:05 AM »
I agree.

Not that I hadn't already deleted them.. but I disagree, leaving them there invites a different conversation then the intended one, if clarification or conversation is needed on that topic it should be done elsewhere

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 01, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »
I never thought I would miss Madina.

But damn, the guys who took their place are so much worse.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 01, 2012, 09:13:29 AM »
IG my characters persomality is enough to create a madinan cultural atmosphere where ever he goes, so this wont effect my IG play.
I won't be sharing what i am doing IG either.
I just like see how people feel for this on the forums.

In reply to perth, what do you feel is so terible about the falkirians and the Madina before them?
I know nothing of this new state, even thou i play in D'hara, they have no info on there realm page, no wiki, nothing.
I geus its just a duchy in Aruvendil, but not really because as a seperate realm they have certain advantages.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog