Author Topic: Soloist advies  (Read 8478 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Soloist advies
« Topic Start: November 06, 2012, 12:10:17 AM »
When adventurers were new and I first played them, people would ALWAYS cooperate, sending each other their hunt links so as to more easily find champions to get uniques. Sure, sometimes if you got defeated at a lvl 8 group, you didn't feel like losing that champion to someone else, but overall, you knew that this champion was lost to you anyways, and that others were sometimes sharing high-level groups as well.

Nowadays, it just feels like advies barely ever share hunt links anymore. Are they all gathering, or just lazy and/or selfish? I always share my hunt links, but rarely do I ever get any in return. I hassled someone about it before, and he wasn't sharing the links just because he didn't see any use in it, he didn't think it was any help to anyone.

Does anyone else think like him, or have adventuers really gotten selfish over time? Always felt to me like sharing hunt links was a win-win for absolutely everyone.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Soloist advies
« Reply #1: November 06, 2012, 01:04:25 AM »
When adventurers were new and I first played them, people would ALWAYS cooperate, sending each other their hunt links so as to more easily find champions to get uniques. Sure, sometimes if you got defeated at a lvl 8 group, you didn't feel like losing that champion to someone else, but overall, you knew that this champion was lost to you anyways, and that others were sometimes sharing high-level groups as well.

Nowadays, it just feels like advies barely ever share hunt links anymore. Are they all gathering, or just lazy and/or selfish? I always share my hunt links, but rarely do I ever get any in return. I hassled someone about it before, and he wasn't sharing the links just because he didn't see any use in it, he didn't think it was any help to anyone.

Does anyone else think like him, or have adventuers really gotten selfish over time? Always felt to me like sharing hunt links was a win-win for absolutely everyone.

Adventurer guilds tend to have a lot of people who band together. I don't think people are selfish, I think that people who are good have already just banded together and everyone else were the people that didn't post them in the first place.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 06, 2012, 01:07:51 AM »
Adventurer guilds tend to have a lot of people who band together. I don't think people are selfish, I think that people who are good have already just banded together and everyone else were the people that didn't post them in the first place.

My last time adventurer in EC joined an adventurer guild, Inquisitor something, and we the advies worked together, post hunt links. That was before he rise up to become Noble.

My latest adventurer in Atamara posts hunt links almost everyday. And he received no links in returns even though his messages was sent to a few recipients. I guess people are becoming selfish in some island or we have no chance to meet those good advies 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 06, 2012, 01:11:42 AM »
I always send my links as a way to remember my spot. With that being said usually very few advies are around my character and even if they are they don't send me any or reply to mine

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 06, 2012, 01:24:41 AM »
If any advies on Atamara currently, do come visit this forum post link below.
Even if you are not on Atamara, feel free to come for advies discussion.
Lot of advies tips to be found here. And jokes to pass around to cheer up and light up your days.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1933.120.html
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 06, 2012, 01:29:47 AM »
I have the same feeling. I always post my hunt links, and very rarely get one in return.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 06, 2012, 01:55:57 AM »
To me, this happens on BT. Whenever I unpause my advy on Dwi, it's not as bad, though still much worse than it used to be when advies were new.

Are some continents less prone to this?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 06, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
To me, this happens on BT. Whenever I unpause my advy on Dwi, it's not as bad, though still much worse than it used to be when advies were new.

Are some continents less prone to this?
EC less prone to this, if what my last adventurer experience there told me ;)

Atamara is prone to this. Not much cooperation between advies as far as I see...

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: November 06, 2012, 02:18:53 AM »
I used to share hunt links like you, until I took an arrow to the knee it became incredibly boring to do every turn.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 06, 2012, 03:09:04 AM »
I used to share hunt links like you, until I took an arrow to the knee it became incredibly boring to do every turn.

Perhaps it'd be nice if instead of a copy-pastable link, the hunt result page would give us a button we can click to automatically share with others, saving us a few clicks?

egamma

« Reply #10: November 06, 2012, 05:13:19 AM »
Perhaps it'd be nice if instead of a copy-pastable link, the hunt result page would give us a button we can click to automatically share with others, saving us a few clicks?

Something like the "share report with army", yes, that would help.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 06, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »
After losing 3 Advies i stopped hunting as main profession, so i gather full time, or hunt up to lv 3 (multiple times)

But is true, i don't see report from other adventurers as it used to be years ago.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 06, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
Always felt to me like sharing hunt links was a win-win for absolutely everyone.

I've never felt sharing to be really a win-win. More often than not, I don't have the hours to click the link and it will expire before I do, or it's already expired. If it's from a neighboring region I don't have the hours to travel there, if it's in my region it means someone else is draining the bounties and I should move away.

I've had much more success in areas where my advy is isolated then when there are other advies around.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 06, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
I've never felt sharing to be really a win-win. More often than not, I don't have the hours to click the link and it will expire before I do, or it's already expired. If it's from a neighboring region I don't have the hours to travel there, if it's in my region it means someone else is draining the bounties and I should move away.

I've had much more success in areas where my advy is isolated then when there are other advies around.

The only times I got unique items, or just about, was when someone had posted a link that I had followed.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 09, 2012, 03:44:14 AM »
Adventuring needs some dev love. I have one Advy and he is a hermit and mainly just gathers stuff and lives in a mud hut. He interacts with whoever heads through his area but he rarely travels.  I don't post many hunting links anymore since I stopped hunting.
We live lives in beautiful lies...