Author Topic: How to remove a treaty  (Read 1926 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
How to remove a treaty
« Topic Start: November 12, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
Embarrassing question:

I created a treaty a while back to be signed by realms A (mine) and B (other guy). It never got proposed to realm B because we got busy.

This is fine as it needs to be re-written and updated anyway. But I accidentally proposed it to realm C that is not a party to it at all.

I can un-sign it but can I remove the treaty entirely? It hasn't got any signatures on it and we were the original authors, but I don't see a way to kill it.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: How to remove a treaty
« Reply #1: November 12, 2012, 11:05:48 PM »
No, you can only withdraw your own signature from it. Once a treaty has been proposed to another realm, it is not "yours" anymore in the sense that you could remove it from the game.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 12, 2012, 11:32:32 PM »
What if all the realms involved want to cancel it?

I guess I could just edit to be like 'realms A, B, and C all acknowledge that the sky is blue and cheese is good' but it seems like at some point old treaties might want to be scrapped.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 13, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »

I guess I could just edit to be like 'realms A, B, and C all acknowledge that the sky is blue and cheese is good' but it seems like at some point old treaties might want to be scrapped.

I can see the interest of the game keeping such treaties somewhere. But I also think it will end up cluttering things, and that we should be able to toggle on and off the view for defunct treaties (with the default being off).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: November 13, 2012, 10:05:14 AM »

Then they all withdraw their signatures, done.

The game keeps them around as a record of treaties that you once had signed. You might want to refer to them for historic purposes. But I am considering a cleanup of defunct treaties.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 13, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »
Then they all withdraw their signatures, done.

The game keeps them around as a record of treaties that you once had signed. You might want to refer to them for historic purposes. But I am considering a cleanup of defunct treaties.

If you keep them, at least a way to hide them. When I look at our treaties, we have a whole bunch with Barca and Terran, most of them (if not all) made "moot" (oh, the pun...) by the Treaty of the Maroccidens we then signed. Plus a bunch of treaties with others. It becomes confusing to browse.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron