Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 287692 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)
« Reply #795: November 20, 2011, 02:45:40 AM »
Yes. And as a smaller realm, Aurvandil can run a higher tax rate. Its the sick comparison between the tax rate I can run in Barca and the one I can run in Arcaea. I'm still surprised somewhat that Madina seem to struggle to meet the same strength that Aurvandil manages. Higher tax rates and lower recruitment costs shouldn't mean a realm over twice the size should struggle to beat their neighbour. Throw in walls and I'm not utterly surprised, but I still think it feels off.

I'm not suggesting Aurvandil is doing something it shouldn't. I'm more wondering at what Madina is doing wrong for this situation to stand. Is there something to explain this, or is it simply the combination of the factors we are already aware of? I'm curious, but mainly for the sake of curiosity itself.

Finn.

At a guess I would say it is something similar to Arcaea and Arcachron. We have more nobles and more gold, they have an almost unitied realm were nearly every single piece of gold is well used by the armies, where Arcaea has a fair few gold sinks and nobles that are pretty inactive.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.