Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 287702 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)
« Reply #795: November 20, 2011, 09:46:48 AM »
United? I hate to say it, but they sound more like the Eire of old that they image themselves - to some extent - on. How'd that rebellion go, anyway? And yeah, Arcaea do have some less than totally motivated nobles but the public floggings in Remton, the lists, the fines, they'll have an effect right?

On topic though. I suppose that's probably what I was thinking, or the direction my thoughts were taking me. Can't say I give it all that much thought - other priorities - but I guess I am of the opinion that Madina could beat Aurvandil because as much as the latter have some benefits, I don't think that is sufficient to explain the fact that they are on a par, or even weighing in more heavily on Aurvandil's side. If it continues, I'd suspect the conquest of the Tower might open some eyes. But, by then, Madina can't hope for a complete victory. Their only choice by then is to try stave off too harsh a defeat. Aurvandil is not the most peaceful of realms and I can't be the only one to think that they have more than plenty of nobles to literally eat up Madina. I don't know if they will or if the Bay of Candiels will be renamed the Bay of Misfortune, but as someone who doesn't particularly like (or dislike) either side I have to say the odds look to be in Aurvandil's favour despite not having their regions of Evanburg and Lusitania right now.

I dunno. I'd nearly prefer a conclusion one way or another at this stage. Its something to talk about, but until its all settled the Lurians get away with their pesky revolts, revolutions and rebellions. And yeah, every time they still stick with monarchies. What's with that? Where's the republican influence?

Finn.