Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275701 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)
« Reply #915: January 26, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »
Well, yes, technically that is what happened. Donghai seceded from Morek to create Xinhai. Then Morek died. Then Xinhai was renamed to "Morek Empire". But it is not, technically, Morek, any more than the Libero Empire is Springdale.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #916: January 26, 2012, 10:14:03 PM »
Which is why I said you could insinuate. I probably should have said insinuate IC, but oh well. Makes for a good discussion.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #917: January 27, 2012, 12:23:36 AM »
yeah what Indirik and silverfire said is right. morek is technically dead, even if IC we would disagree with that :)

And no, what is now morek empire didn't take the last region of the "true" morek that was nifelhold. It was roleplayed that during the last days of the original Morek, when Libero was taking over Nifelhold, Allison claimed back the insignas and royal standards of morek and earned the right to rename the realm and continue its heritage.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #918: January 27, 2012, 05:25:45 AM »
Which is why I said you could insinuate. I probably should have said insinuate IC, but oh well. Makes for a good discussion.

Luria Nova could just as easily claim to be a continuation of Pian en Luries if you go with that.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #919: January 27, 2012, 05:38:19 AM »
Luria Nova could just as easily claim to be a continuation of Pian en Luries if you go with that.

Bah Solaria is the true continuation of PeL :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #920: January 27, 2012, 07:31:11 AM »
And Asylon the continuation of old Thulsoma... Muhahahaha
We live lives in beautiful lies...

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #921: January 27, 2012, 07:38:57 AM »
And Asylon the continuation of old Thulsoma... Muhahahaha

Asylon came from the womb of Caerwyn whether you like it or not  :P
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #922: January 27, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »
Looks like Fissoa will need to become the new Madina? How's the war going? Looks like Aurvandil is ready to mop up the Republic...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #923: January 27, 2012, 06:23:38 PM »
Let's make a simple solution: RealmDetails.php?ID=ABC where ABC=an integer from 0 to infinity (Theoretically)

Now type in the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. You will find that (rogue) doesn't count, and that only 3 and 4, being PeL and Madina, respectively, still exist. That's the end-all decider of who wins in survival of original realms (Neither, btw, since technically (rogue) will outlast everything.)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #924: January 27, 2012, 08:58:20 PM »
Looks like Fissoa will need to become the new Madina?

Better question is where will all the Madinan and ex-Caerwynian refugees head to?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #925: January 27, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »
Better question is where will all the Madinan and ex-Caerwynian refugees head to?

Pian? Meh, what am I saying, we'll be destroyed way faster than Madina. So I guess Pian could head to Madina and save it from destruction?

I guess, both realms could all go join SA, and give them the strength they need to finally conquer the entire continent.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #926: January 27, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
Except that the Caerwynians all hate us passionately (see: Kabrinskia, capital of), with the Madinans being indifferent at best, hostile at worse.

I think they should all head for Pian en Luries and shift the balance of power over there. Luria just isn't Luria without surprising changes in fortune. Plus, there's not many other places to go... I suppose they could join a Maroccidental realm, but then that realm would have to worry about the destabilizing force of that many new arrivals. The hardcore Madinans would hate Aurvandil, which might cause problems for Terran or Barca, while the Caerwynians would hate SA, which could lead to trouble for Terran or D'Hara. Likewise for Asylon, though they're not technically Maroccidental. Everywhere else outside of Luria is Astroist.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #927: January 28, 2012, 12:15:24 AM »
Except that the Caerwynians all hate us passionately (see: Kabrinskia, capital of), with the Madinans being indifferent at best, hostile at worse.

I think they should all head for Pian en Luries and shift the balance of power over there. Luria just isn't Luria without surprising changes in fortune. Plus, there's not many other places to go... I suppose they could join a Maroccidental realm, but then that realm would have to worry about the destabilizing force of that many new arrivals. The hardcore Madinans would hate Aurvandil, which might cause problems for Terran or Barca, while the Caerwynians would hate SA, which could lead to trouble for Terran or D'Hara. Likewise for Asylon, though they're not technically Maroccidental. Everywhere else outside of Luria is Astroist.

I imagine the Maroccidens will see some Madinan/Caerwynian exiles, but, yeah, I would wager that Fissoa and the Lurias get the bulk of them.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #928: January 28, 2012, 01:48:13 AM »
I love the chaos!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #929: January 28, 2012, 03:15:56 AM »
Mm...people often love chaos until it visits them.