Author Topic: Morale Boost options while in sea zones  (Read 3372 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Morale Boost options while in sea zones
« Topic Start: November 29, 2012, 07:04:25 AM »
Title: Morale Boost options while in sea zones
Summary: While traveling through sea zones, the option to increase morale. Costs personal hours just as regular morale but some options cost gold while others provisions.
Details: 2 options I can think of- 1. Feast/party/extra rations-cost 10% provisions and two hours, 2. Playing poker/gambling- costs 5 gold and two hours-possible chance of brawl over gambling causing minor morale loss. Also you can go for the lots of entertainment option which doubles the costs and uses rest of personal hours, but higher morale boost.
Benefits: RP option around mechanic, provides use to personal hours while at sea, and another tactic with sea zones that can be used.
Possible Exploits: None I can think of as there already is an extremely similar feature.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Morale Boost options while in sea zones
« Reply #1: November 29, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »
Was intentionally left out. These are troop transporters, not leisure cruises. There really isn't all that much you can do, and the game assumes you are already spending the day trying to keep troop morale at least level.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 29, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »
Was intentionally left out. These are troop transporters, not leisure cruises. There really isn't all that much you can do, and the game assumes you are already spending the day trying to keep troop morale at least level.

You can be religious though, perhaps a priest on board, or a religious idol could give the men a somewhat safe feeling during there trip.
You could also be an atheist and the men would fear the gods (or 'er big blue deep's) wrath and shiver by every wave that strikes the boat.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 29, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »
You could also be an atheist

No.

You couldn't.

We've been over this.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 29, 2012, 01:40:05 PM »
No.

You couldn't.

We've been over this.

Ok then religious unfavorable.

There always more zealous and less zealous type of characters.

Those very zealous could for example buy religious parhpanelia.

All i am saying is that religion does do alot in moments of uncertainty, especialy on the ocean, your literaly rocking in the hands of 'er mercy
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 02, 2012, 06:57:29 PM »
If the game assumes I am busy the entire time don't give me hours, if the game says I have 12 hours of time to do whatever I want, I would like to be able to do something with them then.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #6: December 02, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »
If the game assumes I am busy the entire time don't give me hours, if the game says I have 12 hours of time to do whatever I want, I would like to be able to do something with them then.

Perhaps your men are rowing, so that YOU have hours, but they do not.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 02, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »
Perhaps your men are rowing, so that YOU have hours, but they do not.
Yes, but the statement was not directed to this mechanic in particular, my point being currently when I travel through the sea zones I have 12 hours and yet I can't do anything to use them. Also, I would expect a possible cohesion boost if that's the case as they are all working together, which requires them to be cohesive.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:08:18 PM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: December 02, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »
Your men aren't rowing, they are stowed away in the cargo hold. There simply isn't any space to do anything meaningful.

And yes, YOU have hours. You could spend them if there were something to do with them. Maybe in the future there will be.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: December 02, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
Medieval ships were small anyway. Can't do anything on board except look out in whichever ocean you are on.

If anyone knows something about what crusaders did while they were being transported to Jerusalem, maybe it will help the future features related to sea zones.