Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Problems using the site from mobile devices?

Started by Indirik, December 08, 2012, 01:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

Is anyone else here using an Android device to access the mobile version of the game? Http://m.battlemaster.org

If so, are you having problems with it? These are some of the problems I've been having. If you are seeing them, too, then please post here so we can get some data and maybe some fixes.

1) the new dynamic map doesn't work. It opens in a ridiculously tiny window on the page, and is covered by the blue option box. (Happens with both the stock browser and Firefox.)

2) the message reader doesn't use the right message background colors based on message type. When you send a message, the copy it shows you after sending uses the correct colors.

3) multiple issues with the message editor. It doesn't scroll properly when you drag your finger across it. It has a tendency to jump back to the top when trying to move the cursor. And, most annoying, it has a tendency to force-close the browser when you tap the edit box to move the cursor. (And, of course, you lose the message you were writing.) This doesn't happen on any other site, such as the forum, wiki, or on facebook.

Since I use the mobile site *a lot*, these issues, especially the edit box problems) are very frustrating. I'd like to see if anyone else is having these problems.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

I have an android device, if you consider a Samsung Stratosphere that. The edit box thing happens in every text box, so don't understand how you'd don't get that with other sites.

vonGenf

Using the mobile site under iOS, I also share your problems 1) and 2), but not 3). The edit box never force-closed the browser.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Draco Tanos

I have a WP7 device (Samsung Focus).

1.  Doesn't tend to load for me at all. 

2.  Same issue with the messages.

3.  Have the same issues with the dragging and jumping, but haven't had the issue with anything being force-closed.  Knock on wood.