Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Should the Banker position be removed?

Started by Azerax, December 13, 2012, 08:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

Assigning militia is a mostly pointless power. Rarely available, and sometimes convenient, but rarely. Disbanding militia can be useful, moslty when plotting or dealing with treachery. Both powers only used in the region the general is physically in. Overall, I wouldn't really call them all that powerful.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

I hardly call assigning militia a pointless power. I've done so several times as General of Sorraine. If you find it pointless, then you are not using it correctly.

Indirik

Not completely pointless, just mostly pointless. My undertsanding is that it was originally intended as a convenience to give people back their units when they lost them to pausing, or other such things. Yes, you can give a unitless noble a militia unit. Meh...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

Quote from: Indirik on December 14, 2012, 06:51:51 PM
Assigning militia is a mostly pointless power. Rarely available, and sometimes convenient, but rarely. Disbanding militia can be useful, moslty when plotting or dealing with treachery. Both powers only used in the region the general is physically in. Overall, I wouldn't really call them all that powerful.

Disbanding militia can be powerful for a traitorous or rebellious general. But otherwise, yea, I agree with you.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron