Author Topic: This should not happen  (Read 19115 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: This should not happen
« Reply #45: December 17, 2012, 09:08:54 AM »
All very true. Which puts the act of mentioning the need for a class or unit type into a grey area. That combined with the "Do not touch with a 100' pole" piece makes me think that it would be best not to be making any such statements. I certainly do not see how these pieces end up meaning "Go right ahead and ask people to switch and tell everyone why the realm is suffering for the lack. As long as it is realm wide, no one is singled out and no one can prove that someone was punished for ignoring the pleas and comments."

I do agree that there is little to know chance that any wording will not leave room for conflicting opinions. That is so very true. Even if you revised things there would still be grey areas. That is why the wiki stresses that one should just stay away from these topics entirely. I can not see why someone who does their best to respect the IR are given a hard time for it. I do not see why the game would be built in a way that would cause a realm lacking a particular class would be hindered. So far I recall (perhaps erroneously) people being told to get traders if they need to buy food and to get diplomats if they do not want to be penalized by their populations preferences. It seems to contradict with the idea presented by the IR.

I admit, however, that I am probably more than a little ignorant though and that mu understanding is lacking based on my limited information base. This is just how things look from the perspective of one player reading the forums now and then.