Author Topic: This should not happen  (Read 19134 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: This should not happen
« Reply #60: December 17, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »
That is just it. Reason can lead you to multiple conclusions based on your interpretations of lamenting. When I wonder if my comment might be considered such, could see a person simply deciding not to make the comment. It does not really matter how long of a pole you poke a bear with if you are told not to poke the bear. All the same, you guys have made it very clear to the limited number of people who visit this forum and read these threads what is acceptable in this regard. I just feel bad for the majority who may be needlessly hampering themselves in an attempt to respect the IR as written.

Then you ask the magistrates. Or you ask more experienced players. This has been laid out clearly many many years ago. You don't really need to go on the forums.

The rules are stated as such because it's simpler to clarify this way than the other way around. Better appear stricter than how things really are than the opposite. Because if it was written in the rules "you can do a public request to have more of a certain class", then it could be misunderstood and abused. For example, if your realm has 13 warriors and 1 priest, and say your realm needs more warriors, then it's really a thinly veiled request directed at that one person, which wouldn't be fine.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 17, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »
Then you ask the magistrates. Or you ask more experienced players. This has been laid out clearly many many years ago. You don't really need to go on the forums.

Actually, you should absolutely go on the forums. Just...go on them to ask, as you say, not to whine that the system is broken or that the IRs forbid you from doing X, Y, or Z.

Ask for clarification. Seek understanding. That's a great use of the forum. (One of the best, in fact.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #62: December 18, 2012, 10:04:52 PM »
Wiki topic split and moved to appropriate board.

Original issue resolved.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.