Author Topic: What religion to join?  (Read 22490 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What religion to join?
« Topic Start: January 02, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »
It...looks like a Wiki page. I'm not sure what kind of Great Art you're expecting. It's not like it looks like some '90s-era Geocities page or something. Indeed, I find that it takes serious work to make a Mediawiki page actually look bad, and not merely "not that good". Perhaps, O mighty arbiter of all aesthetic goodness, you could shower upon us your matchless wisdom and point to some pages that are good?

And you still haven't apologized. I haven't forgotten that, nor will I.

I apologize for the wording I used, but I still think it is unappealing. Visual-wise, but also content-wise. To me, at least.

Better pages? Better pages have more text, and more than just text. Torenism's page, for example, despite how I hated these guys. The Blood Cult, which I essentially made myself, I admit (and the only religion page I personally worked on that I consider good). Ain't perfect, though, either. Sanguis Astroism isn't all that bad, but could be better. A handful of others that I remember the layout but not the page. A good wiki page shouldn't just be text, otherwise it feels and looks like notepad. It needs images, tables, charts, diagrams, maps, etc. The more the better. And preferably, it wouldn't be pictures just for the sake of it. They need to relate to the text, they need to complement it by being something that words cannot fully describe on their own.

The same applies to realm pages.

But hey, it's also a matter of personal tastes. Some people feel sick at the thought of joining yet another Norse mythology rip-off, while some players couldn't pray for better. There's just something about your faith that's unappealing to me, in addition to not having much content (all religions start like that) and having a rather plain wiki page (all pages start like that). But that's just a matter of preferences.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron