Author Topic: What religion to join?  (Read 22031 times)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What religion to join?
« Reply #45: January 17, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »
The Way is easily accessible, and I want to explore why you think it is so awesome.

However -1 for its tolerance. Almost all other religion are either ignored or they are a variant. Not good.

What happened with you waiting for the Church of Sartan? :P
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: January 17, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
People just aren't patient.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #47: January 18, 2013, 08:35:01 AM »
I never promised anything.  ;)

But we shall see, if I like it here I might stay, otherwise if the Church of Sartan is founded anywhere close, I might convert. Time will tell.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: January 21, 2013, 01:57:45 AM »
The Church of Sartan has officially arrived in Atamara!

Selene is now in Cagil and recruiting souls willing to embrace the true faith and escape eternal damnation. Interested applicants should apply to Selene immediately. Darkans need not apply ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: January 21, 2013, 04:04:18 AM »
Pfft... as if we would *want* to join your boring religion with your puny godling. We've got a *volcano* to worship!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: January 21, 2013, 04:38:30 AM »
The Church of Sartan has officially arrived in Atamara!

Selene is now in Cagil and recruiting souls willing to embrace the true faith and escape eternal damnation. Interested applicants should apply to Selene immediately. Darkans need not apply ;)
I would join that in an instant, except that your founding in Cagil which makes me greatly hesitate. Any other realm and I would be there as fast as I could but I don't know anymore.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: January 21, 2013, 01:58:43 PM »
I would join that in an instant, except that your founding in Cagil which makes me greatly hesitate. Any other realm and I would be there as fast as I could but I don't know anymore.

Well the notion was that they were the most powerful realm and would therefore be great warriors and eagerly embrace Sartan. As it is they turn out to seem to prefer the Order and the Word which say nothing and believe in nothing so Selene might end up moving :p

Anywhere you'd recommend as a good place to relocate to? ;)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #52: January 21, 2013, 02:27:04 PM »
Perhaps relocate to Eston territory.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: January 21, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »
Corian territory should be fun, as long as you make it so not to make anything impossible politically...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: January 21, 2013, 05:12:28 PM »
Well the notion was that they were the most powerful realm and would therefore be great warriors and eagerly embrace Sartan. As it is they turn out to seem to prefer the Order and the Word which say nothing and believe in nothing so Selene might end up moving :p

Anywhere you'd recommend as a good place to relocate to? ;)
And there lies your problem: assuming the religions on atamara are dead. Only took a couple hours before the word had you dealt with no? Welcome to atamara ;)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: January 21, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »
Well clearly they're still active - they just lack any beliefs or determination to do anything to make the game interesting ;)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #56: January 21, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »
Well clearly they're still active - they just lack any beliefs or determination to do anything to make the game interesting ;)
Amen

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: January 22, 2013, 02:29:31 AM »

that's pretty insulting. the word has definitely had its moments. we nearly brought talerium and eston to war years ago because they assassinated a priest in nazia. we were nearly wiped out by the talerium government after losing favour. we supplanted the order's stranglehold through sheer attrition.

yes, atamara is notoriously apathetic to religion but to say that the religions themselves lack beliefs or determination to propagate is insulting to everyone who has worked on them.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: January 22, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »
that's pretty insulting. the word has definitely had its moments. we nearly brought talerium and eston to war years ago because they assassinated a priest in nazia. we were nearly wiped out by the talerium government after losing favour. we supplanted the order's stranglehold through sheer attrition.

yes, atamara is notoriously apathetic to religion but to say that the religions themselves lack beliefs or determination to propagate is insulting to everyone who has worked on them.

Sorry if I've been offensive - I was just going on my own recollections of what it was like playing on Atamara. The only religion I saw which actively drove conflict in my time on AT was MS. Which was probably why it got wiped out. Nonetheless, it did keep things interesting.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: January 29, 2013, 03:42:18 AM »
King looking for religion to kick neighbor's ass with,
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron