Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 153064 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #315: May 25, 2013, 09:17:33 AM »
I believe the MC is extremely important, and it sets D'hara apart from other realms. Its existence pretty much guarantees that ambitious noblemen or noblewomen will have their voice heard in the house of Lords. Even if you disband it, I believe a position like the Chairman should be kept. It's politically interesting for the knights because it's a stepping stone of responsibility that is short of a lordship that can be reached during the long times between chairs emptying, and it's inconsequential enough to be used to experiment with. Perhaps it could be rebranded as something like 'Secretary to the Knighthood' or something.

Imagine spending your first week of Battlemaster in the last week of Luria Vesperi. By day 2 Miranda was ordered to take an estate somewhere and imprisoned by Solarians and unable to talk to anybody. What really sold Battlemaster to me as a good game was Rynn and Ismail welcoming me and engaging me with D'haran politics in a limited way after I was left penniless and most of my men starved to death on a desperate flight to the Dragon Isles. If the midlands council is to be disbanded, ensure that what made it good is not lost.

Wait.

You guys.... you guys have knights?  :o
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)