Author Topic: Price of Unique Items  (Read 14451 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Price of Unique Items
« Reply #15: January 05, 2013, 09:29:40 PM »
You are assuming that the Judge will go along with it. I've never been in the position, but I presume it still costs honour?

Less to take gold than to take an item, I believe.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 06, 2013, 05:06:43 AM »
Also, as a side note, last time I tried to give a recommendation it bugged out and said I couldn't (implied I was doing sneaky stuff).

That actually happened before when I tried to sell a unique item in Rio. The guy couldn't give me a recommendation. Sad. Never happened to me as a noble though.

As my side not, there seems to be no one left in Rio who wants an item... I asked at least 5 guys, they didn't even care to answer... Ah well. Their loss.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #17: January 06, 2013, 06:10:32 AM »
Take it to Nothoi, I'll be happy to have it.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 06, 2013, 07:06:20 AM »
A bunch of people, including myself, would never pay much (if anything at all, beyond a recommendation) for items that only grant prestige bonuses.

Prestige can be useful. In a peace period, a +4 prestige item allowed my newish character to switch to infiltrator and start training. I would have had to wait at least a month without it.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Jon Snow

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 06, 2013, 11:59:22 AM »
Take it to Nothoi, I'll be happy to have it.

Gladly, where can I find you?

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 06, 2013, 12:11:01 PM »
That actually happened before when I tried to sell a unique item in Rio. The guy couldn't give me a recommendation. Sad. Never happened to me as a noble though.

As my side not, there seems to be no one left in Rio who wants an item... I asked at least 5 guys, they didn't even care to answer... Ah well. Their loss.

Stop! Halt! I always buy unique items. Nobody just forwarded your message... unless you are Mijail (or something?). Anyway, if you still look to sell it in Rio, I suggest you keep asking around.  ;)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Jon Snow

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 06, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »
Stop! Halt! I always buy unique items. Nobody just forwarded your message... unless you are Mijail (or something?). Anyway, if you still look to sell it in Rio, I suggest you keep asking around.  ;)

Well, i just checked the map. I must have confused Enweil with Nothoi before. I thought Nothoi was right next to us. Well... I'll see what I'll do then  8) But seriously Fleugs, your dudes in Rio are way too quiet...  :o Except for a certain advy named Carl. He's awesome.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 06, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »
About all our active nobles were in Jidington to throw poop at Chénier.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Jon Snow

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 06, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »
So sad I'm not a noble yet  ;D
:poop:

EDIT: Apparently that thingy doesn't work here  :P It's gone viral on facebook.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: January 06, 2013, 06:39:42 PM »
Yeah, the recommendation seems to be broken.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #25: January 06, 2013, 07:05:40 PM »
Recommendation has been fixed for about 2 months now.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: January 06, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »
About all our active nobles were in Jidington to throw poop at Chénier.

Except none of them are saying anything. So I just sailed out back to Enweil, to hand over a few things before leaving.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 06, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »
I find that the name of a unique often matters more than its stats, at least until you get into +skill.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 06, 2013, 08:22:17 PM »
Yes, something like "Limp Pathetic Girl Scout Knife of Candy Mountain" shouldn't be worth the same as "Balanced Masterwork Holy Avenger Claymore, Bane of Daemons forged in the Bowels of Gods over countless Millennium, Bringer of Armageddon and Domineer of all Whom Survey it DESPAIR MORTALS FOR THIS BLADE SHALL SPELL YOUR DOOM"

that's like 25 gold difference right there

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 06, 2013, 08:25:02 PM »
Yes, something like "Limp Pathetic Girl Scout Knife of Candy Mountain" shouldn't be worth the same as "Balanced Masterwork Holy Avenger Claymore, Bane of Daemons forged in the Bowels of Gods over countless Millennium, Bringer of Armageddon and Domineer of all Whom Survey it DESPAIR MORTALS FOR THIS BLADE SHALL SPELL YOUR DOOM"

that's like 25 gold difference right there

LOL  ;D