Author Topic: Caelum  (Read 128710 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Caelum
« Reply #150: January 23, 2013, 05:15:29 AM »
In other news:

Edmundus has fled to Heen... Onamont is in hot pursuit.

What will come first– a peaceful resolution brokered by the Grand Prince, or a conflictual end with duel-challenges and banishments tossed back and forth?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chaotrance13

« Reply #151: January 23, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »
And he's been banned. That's a shame.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: January 23, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »
Did you even *read* the treaty?

"From this list the dukes will chose the lords of their regions in the best way they see fit."

That's not even slightly arbitrary or open to interpretation.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: January 23, 2013, 04:06:53 PM »
Meh. Lame.

Now I realize why I always play with the same players.

Because nobody else enjoys having interesting characters in their realms.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: January 23, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »
I think I may move on. The realm seems pretty dead and uninteresting overall. The momentary dissent and the possibility of a duel were interesting, but there have been no orders for days and if anything else interesting is actually going on, us mere knights are being excluded from it.

Where to go from here...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: January 23, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »
*coughcough*

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: January 23, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
Indeedi!

Join the tournament and see where all the fun is!  ;D
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: January 23, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »
... if anything else interesting is actually going on, us mere knights are being excluded from it.
It's not just the "mere knights". It's anyone Victus doesn't like. Which is a perfectly legitimate tactic for a ruler to take, if he thinks his political opponents can't gather enough power to cause serious problems. Given the number of yes-men and sheeple in the realm, it's almost certainly true that there will be no serious opposition to Victus' rule of the realm.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: January 23, 2013, 07:42:52 PM »
It's not just the "mere knights". It's anyone Victus doesn't like. Which is a perfectly legitimate tactic for a ruler to take, if he thinks his political opponents can't gather enough power to cause serious problems. Given the number of yes-men and sheeple in the realm, it's almost certainly true that there will be no serious opposition to Victus' rule of the realm.

yeah "mere knights" that are basically all lords.

If this continue to be like this, the realm won´t be fun indeed, and it might make some of the nobles to move away.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: January 24, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »
And he's been banned. That's a shame.

Yes, Onamont is banned!!! As if he had left Edmundus any other way out! Edmundus is a 'hero', did him think he was going to break his own law to please him! ;D Onamont has been as subtle as a mountain troll with haemorrhoids!  :P

Honestly, I thought he would be a bit more machiavelian... to charge right toward a judge without any support in the council is a suicide! I hope he ask for forgiveness and begin to move things a bit more cunningly.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: January 24, 2013, 01:02:08 AM »
mmm... I honestly don’t know what did you expect.

Hey Judge!, (is this a bettles song?)  I want to kill you!... Oh, of course, where do you want to stab me, in the front or in the back?  ;D

Hey, I want to begin a little revolution and throw down the ruler!... And in a new realm where nobody knows each other, what reasons has you given to make them to support you?  :P

Honestly, I think you wants the things a bit too easy! if you want a revolution, prepare it, gain nobles to the 'cause' before begin it! And if you want to kill a council member?... Well, then better be a friend of someone very important!  ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: January 24, 2013, 01:51:13 AM »
If Edmundus didn't want to be challenged to a duel, then he shouldn't have been so rude and insulting to Onamont. Twice. *After* Onamont told Edmundus to stop and asked for an apology. Hiding behind the ridiculous law that Edmundus passed without consulting the realm at all just makes Edmundus look like an even worse coward. "You have to ask me for permission before you can challenge me to a duel." Srsly? I don't think anyone doubts that Edmundus would have denied permission.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: January 24, 2013, 02:07:06 AM »

Honestly, I think you wants the things a bit too easy! if you want a revolution, prepare it, gain nobles to the 'cause' before begin it! And if you want to kill a council member?... Well, then better be a friend of someone very important!  ;D

You don´t need support from anyone to have a duel. If I feel someone did something to dishonor me, I challenge him to a duel.

Edmund had the option to refuse the duel, that would make him lose a part of his honor, but still it is better then the: "I made the law and I consider illegal to challenge me to a duel, so you are banned"  approach

In fact, Edmund didn´t even had to accept a duel to the death, a duel til surrender would be enough to settle the dispute.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:10:03 AM by Naidraug »
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: January 24, 2013, 03:02:49 AM »
If Edmundus didn't want to be challenged to a duel, then he shouldn't have been so rude and insulting to Onamont. Twice. *After* Onamont told Edmundus to stop and asked for an apology. Hiding behind the ridiculous law that Edmundus passed without consulting the realm at all just makes Edmundus look like an even worse coward. "You have to ask me for permission before you can challenge me to a duel." Srsly? I don't think anyone doubts that Edmundus would have denied permission.

I said he is the Judge?... He can do wherever he wants! ;D and he really didn't insult him, only make fun of him!  ;D

About the duel Authorization: Then Onamont would had ask nicely and put Edmundus in shame, but He didn't... and the thing is Edmundus WOULD had given his Authorisation! As I said, He is a Hero! ;D

As He said to Onamont He is a Tyrant and a Slave of LAW! Tyrant as enforcer, Slave as follower!  ;)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: January 24, 2013, 03:10:27 AM »
You don´t need support from anyone to have a duel. If I feel someone did something to dishonor me, I challenge him to a duel.

Edmund had the option to refuse the duel, that would make him lose a part of his honor, but still it is better then the: "I made the law and I consider illegal to challenge me to a duel, so you are banned"  approach

In fact, Edmund didn´t even had to accept a duel to the death, a duel til surrender would be enough to settle the dispute.

Nope! The law was before Onamont, was Onamont the one who chose not to follow the law! bad for him!  ;D And a duel til surrender don't solve anything... not for Onamont. bad for him, again!  8)