Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 187371 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #540: February 04, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »
Inconceivable for an ordinary noble to say. The Demon of Dwilight, however, is not an ordinary noble. Bowie is often a target of vulgarity reports (which I am sure many of you have seen), but I have to say that to deem his words vulgar, even when they are, is taking him and his speech out of context. He's possessed by a demon. What kind of demon says, "please and thank you," and "what a lovely day we're having madame." He's a bomb thrower, an eye gouger. It's his job to spark controversy and rant. I hoped that people would enjoy the depths he can reach when he really gets fired up :)

It doesn't matter whether he's possessed by a demon. He still gets exactly the same benefit of the doubt when it comes to mode of speech as every other noble.

If you, the player, were to go up to a large, angry biker and call him a series of vulgar names, would you expect him to ask whether you were possessed by a demon before beating you to a pulp?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan