Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 181479 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #510: January 31, 2013, 04:59:58 AM »
Quarterly works fine, so far as I know. Astrum has done quarterly since we were formed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #511: January 31, 2013, 05:16:10 AM »
Quarterly works fine, so far as I know. Astrum has done quarterly since we were formed.
might work for Astum but for D'hara and at least one other realm, it has been bugged.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #512: January 31, 2013, 01:29:35 PM »
might work for Astum but for D'hara and at least one other realm, it has been bugged.

I don't remember how so?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #513: January 31, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »
I don't remember how so?
I am pretty sure there was one election season only lasting a month and last month it said there was an election but none was held.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514: February 01, 2013, 03:49:35 AM »
It is important to remember that Quarterly is the first day of the calendar quarter, not "three months between elections". If someone is elected on Dec 15, the elections will run again on Jan 1.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #515: February 01, 2013, 01:10:57 PM »
It is important to remember that Quarterly is the first day of the calendar quarter, not "three months between elections". If someone is elected on Dec 15, the elections will run again on Jan 1.

Aren't there delays in cases where the elections happened too close to the planned elections? I may be making this up, but I thought I noticed that in monthly elections, if an unscheduled election happens near the end of the month, a new election does not take place. I assumed it was the same with quarterly elections. But yes indeed, theoretically, the quarterly elections are on set months, and not "three months between".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #516: February 01, 2013, 01:51:19 PM »
Aren't there delays in cases where the elections happened too close to the planned elections? I may be making this up, but I thought I noticed that in monthly elections, if an unscheduled election happens near the end of the month, a new election does not take place. I assumed it was the same with quarterly elections.

That's only the case if the unscheduled election actually overlaps the first of the month.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #517: February 03, 2013, 03:02:42 AM »
Anyone notice the guy who tried to assassinate Creed hanging about Abbigal while she's alone dealing with monsters in Sevastian's only farmland?

Edit: Thought I'd post a link to the Spring Opener party we had: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Swordfell/Spring_Opener
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:28:30 AM by Dishman »
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #518: February 03, 2013, 07:04:52 AM »
Anyone notice the guy who tried to assassinate Creed hanging about Abbigal while she's alone dealing with monsters in Sevastian's only farmland?

Edit: Thought I'd post a link to the Spring Opener party we had: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Swordfell/Spring_Opener

I go where I please.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #519: February 03, 2013, 07:57:07 AM »

You act like trying to assassinate Creed is something frowned upon.
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #520: February 03, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »
You act like trying to assassinate Creed is something frowned upon.

That really is quite an insane bounty for Dwilight. He's way on up there, i can understand an infil wanting to test his mettle. :)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #521: February 03, 2013, 08:25:24 AM »
I go where I please.

Where were you when my char in Westmoor marshaled an infiltrator only army? We could have used you! ... still can if you're up for it, it pays well and you belong to a super cool sounding group 8)
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #522: February 03, 2013, 08:28:37 AM »
Where were you when my char in Westmoor marshaled an infiltrator only army? We could have used you! ... still can if you're up for it, it pays well and you belong to a super cool sounding group 8)

After I troll your realm a bit more, I have to get some more CE heads. After that we can talk.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #523: February 03, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
After I troll your realm a bit more, I have to get some more CE heads. After that we can talk.

That is an excellent attitude for an infil. :P
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #524: February 03, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »
That really is quite an insane bounty for Dwilight. He's way on up there, i can understand an infil wanting to test his mettle. :)

Yep and Creed has earned every piece of gold from it. Though I did wish my scheme  to buy D'Hara worked. I was offering them 10,000 units of food during the great drought as well as an initial 5000 gold to help them build their infrastructure  with a steady stream of 3000 gold a week after that.  But they claimed how selling their realm was not noble like and so on oh well.

As for the assassination attempt it was a good try I don't have a unit or anything but to bad my sword skill is pretty high
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:02:13 PM by Creed »