Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 185498 times)

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #525: February 03, 2013, 02:54:16 PM »
You act like trying to assassinate Creed is something frowned upon.

I see Creed has no love from your character lol

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #526: February 03, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »
Yep and Creed has earned every piece of gold from it. Though I did wish my scheme  to buy D'Hara worked. I was offering them 10,000 units of food during the great drought as well as an initial 5000 gold to help them build their infrastructure  with a steady stream of 3000 gold a week after that.  But they claimed how selling their realm was not noble like and so on oh well.

As for the assassination attempt it was a good try I don't have a unit or anything but to bad my sword skill is close to 90 percent.

Heh... That's quite an offer. Almost sounds unfeasible. Had I been ruler, I'd have been tempted to accept, if not only to watch you fail to provide as promised (or be made to fail). That's a lot of gold, though not that much relative to D'Hara's wealth back then. But the food... would have kept us rich. No starvation, and the Lurias would likely not have attacked. And we'd have been much stronger to deal with Aurvandil. The South would have been quite different right now... A pity.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #527: February 03, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »
Yep and Creed has earned every piece of gold from it. Though I did wish my scheme  to buy D'Hara worked. I was offering them 10,000 units of food during the great drought as well as an initial 5000 gold to help them build their infrastructure  with a steady stream of 3000 gold a week after that.  But they claimed how selling their realm was not noble like and so on oh well.

As for the assassination attempt it was a good try I don't have a unit or anything but to bad my sword skill is pretty high

You think mine is lower? :P And the whole unit thing is not a problem since I have stabbed 3 people with 60k CS around

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #528: February 03, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »
IS it unfeasible for one person yes but not for many. As for the food I already had the 10000 units I had them split up between a couple of nobles regions my region along had close to 4000 units  at the time.  As for gold that is easy to get I was a lord of a ruler region and I  had close to 10,000 gold. The rest was going to come from a couple wealthy noblemen that where investing in my acquisition of the region. I would insure they received what they wished and I would rule the region with a puppet ruler.

I offered it to your ruler then go ask them if you don't believe me. I was even willing to offer half the 3000 units of food as a token of my sincerity showing that what I was saying was true but the ruler of D'Hara thought my dealings with them was evil and contacted my realm which banned me because they though buying a realm was treason to the realm.

Though Chenier who knows my character might offer the same deal in the future after he has had time to situate himself in swordfell and rebuild his fortune

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #529: February 03, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
----------
Out-of-Character from Malificar Jeckyl   (1 hour, 10 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (17 recipients)
Public Service Announcement: Reporting Vulgarity

I really hate that I have to bring this up, but it really annoys me when I have to click on "fine for a noble" on messages I do a peer review on. Now I'm not pointing fingers, but this is ridiculous. Most of my characters don't get to do a peer review for months, and all of a sudden Malificar has had over three reviews in the last month, all of which I deemed were fine for a noble.

Please, do not use the vulgarity reporting if there is no use of curse words. Right there on that page, it tells you what should be considered vulgar. The last message I reviewed didn't even have a hint of vulgarity, with NO room for interpretation. The players doing these reviews are going to start to figure out who is reporting the messages, and judge them accordingly. I certainly have. I, as a player (not to be mistaken as my character Malificar), am starting to develop a very negative opinion of the people I suspect have been lodging false reports. Please start playing your characters and not yourselves. If you are having trouble identifying a word as vulgar, please consult m-w.com. If you fail to find an entry, please consult urbandictionary.com

Thank you for your time, and reading this Public Service Announcement.

p.s. if you leave everything as happening to your character and not yourself, you will significantly reduce the stress in your life.
Andrew "Jeckyl" Hyde
----------

Well said Mssr Hyde. Glad to know I'm not the only one extremely annoyed by this misusage of mechanics for personal gain.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #530: February 03, 2013, 04:46:38 PM »
IS it unfeasible for one person yes but not for many. As for the food I already had the 10000 units I had them split up between a couple of nobles regions my region along had close to 4000 units  at the time.  As for gold that is easy to get I was a lord of a ruler region and I  had close to 10,000 gold. The rest was going to come from a couple wealthy noblemen that where investing in my acquisition of the region. I would insure they received what they wished and I would rule the region with a puppet ruler.

I offered it to your ruler then go ask them if you don't believe me. I was even willing to offer half the 3000 units of food as a token of my sincerity showing that what I was saying was true but the ruler of D'Hara thought my dealings with them was evil and contacted my realm which banned me because they though buying a realm was treason to the realm.

Though Chenier who knows my character might offer the same deal in the future after he has had time to situate himself in swordfell and rebuild his fortune

We should have took your gift, then had you banned.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #531: February 03, 2013, 08:27:23 PM »
I always choose fine befitting for a noble because I know people abuse it
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #532: February 03, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »

Do you even check to see if someone's being called a !@#$head or something equally (or more) vulgar? Or do you just assume that this feature is worse than useless, and proceed to make it worse by your active interference with its proper function?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #533: February 03, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »

I can't even find words to describe what I think of this.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #534: February 03, 2013, 11:39:48 PM »
"I have easily falsifiable beliefs that lead me to wildly irrational and anti-social behavior"

Said Glaumring always and everywhere.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #535: February 04, 2013, 04:33:04 AM »
Do you even check to see if someone's being called a !@#$head or something equally (or more) vulgar? Or do you just assume that this feature is worse than useless, and proceed to make it worse by your active interference with its proper function?

Well when there is swear words and stuff sure, but when people are insulting each other with poopy words I tend to let it slide, not once have I ever read more than the word '!@#$' being used and that was a long time ago. In regards to the recent ones from Swordfell, I saw nothing wrong with them, sure they were a bit uncouth or rough but nothing worth losing sleep over, in Swordfells case the vulgarity button is being abused in my opinion.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #536: February 04, 2013, 04:47:00 AM »
Exactly.

There is a difference between being insulting, and being vulgar. The people making the reports are either super sensitive, or are intentionally leaking letters using that mechanic.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537: February 04, 2013, 05:38:59 AM »
Or are out to get you, no matter how. I've seen one or two, and while not quite polite, perhaps not quite in keeping with SMA, they weren't vulgar.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #538: February 04, 2013, 05:42:43 AM »
Or are out to get you, no matter how. I've seen one or two, and while not quite polite, perhaps not quite in keeping with SMA, they weren't vulgar.

That first part is something that strikes me as odd. That's going pretty far to be a douchebag.

Vulgarity is something I try to limit to my real life communications, or Ooc stuff online.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #539: February 04, 2013, 06:28:47 AM »
All I saw was a bunch of windy insults. I just feel that in many many cases people are arguing IG and take it personal and the only way to extract vengeance for some is to then start picking apart their conversations by using the vulgarity button. If there isn't any RL R-rated swear words I generally don't  care. I have been under the vulgar button many times myself for equally dumb complaints. Thicken up and remember the best way to beat someone is with your sword.