Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

[Forum Game] Werewolf XIV: The Vengeance Factor

Started by Lefanis, January 21, 2013, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonya

Quote from: Lefanis on February 20, 2013, 05:20:04 AM

GM notes-

All roles and traits were fully random, decided by die. Only arbitrary trait was the brutal trait given to both baddies as an equaliser.

Please direct all complaints to the management, GM accepts no liability :P

COME ON!! this super Overpowered Villain Nonsense!

This is not fair! (╯゜□゜)╯︵ ┻━┻

The heck is the Lucky trait for? so now  There are Trait with higher ranking that other, YES I WILL COMPLAIN.

Complain Button

Thomasgriff

Congrats to the victors. PM me for the next game please.
Silence is golden, but Ductape is silver.

D'Espana

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! That's how I roll, *******! Look mom, Imma Sartanist Ninja! She used to say: die hard or go home. And that's what I did! ;D

Jokes aside, very nice RP, Lefanis. I think it even pays for the fact that I lost the game. +1 for you!

Disclaimer: Anything you might have seen me doing in this game does not reflect the real BM situation. Sartan is an !@#$%^& and will burn in hell, and Guldor will be glad to help to it with his own hands. Do not let Lefanis' bad faith in giving me a Sartanist role affect your IG perception of my characters. ;)

Quote from: Dishman on February 20, 2013, 03:14:20 AM
Was it just me, or did this seem a bit rushed with 1 day=1 day? The couple of vegetable diplomats didn't help either. Any chance we could get a slower game with more people next time?

Oh yeah....OooOooooo

Well, there are always inactives, dunno why. If all the games had been played by all the people signing up actively, well, there would have been epic days for granted. I think that 1 day = 1 day is fair enough, but there was also at some time a slower game. Was it yours, Norrel?

Quote from: Fury on February 20, 2013, 03:29:30 PM
Woohoo! This sure was fun again - though short. I'll bet D'espana was sweating buckets when I "IDed" him right from the start. Probably wondering how, right?  ;D

Hmmm, next game Sabotage II: ?
Never mind, looks like a new one's starting.

Nah, not much. I only sweat buckets in the final days, when the accusations start to really matter. At the start, they're mostly crap. Though I would definitely like to know if there was a particular logic, or just plain dumb luck. And don't worry, you'll have an ample time for that Sabotage II of yours. I have also 2 or 3 settings I wanna try, but it'll be later on.

Quote from: Sonya on February 20, 2013, 03:43:14 PM

The heck is the Lucky trait for? so now  There are Trait with higher ranking that other, YES I WILL COMPLAIN.

Complain Button

Just for huntings, sorry. I brought you down with my SUPER DUPER BRUTAL TRAIT. Down I go? You with me 8)
D'Espana Family

D'Espana

BTW, did you notice that in the end the treaty is signed by an Arcaean and a Cathayan? I bet they agreed to Arcaea absorbing OW and Cathay annexing Sorraine. Damned foreign diplomats...
D'Espana Family

Fury

Quote from: D'Espana on February 21, 2013, 12:43:25 AM
Nah, not much. I only sweat buckets in the final days, when the accusations start to really matter. At the start, they're mostly crap. Though I would definitely like to know if there was a particular logic, or just plain dumb luck.

You were uncharacteristically excited.  :P

And wanting to pair up right away. Good guys won't want to because they don't know who's bad. But baddies already know.

D'Espana

Quote from: Fury on February 21, 2013, 03:06:23 AM

And wanting to pair up right away. Good guys won't want to because they don't know who's bad. But baddies already know.

But... but I was you Ohnar buddy :'(

Then I'll have to practice my poker-writing for next time. It is said that I'm good doing it with facial expressions, let's see if I can apply it to this as well. Thanks for the tip, Fury.
D'Espana Family

Lefanis

Quote from: Sonya on February 20, 2013, 03:43:14 PM

Hehe, the lucky trait kicks in if you are getting hunted, at 33% chance. You were brutalised.  :P
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

Quote from: D'Espana on February 21, 2013, 12:43:25 AM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! That's how I roll, *******! Look mom, Imma Sartanist Ninja! She used to say: die hard or go home. And that's what I did! ;D

Jokes aside, very nice RP, Lefanis. I think it even pays for the fact that I lost the game. +1 for you!

Thank you  :D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Penchant

What would have been really interesting or could be in the future at least, is if two bad guys were rivals.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Ketchum

Quote from: Fury on February 20, 2013, 03:29:30 PM
Woohoo! This sure was fun again - though short. I'll bet D'espana was sweating buckets when I "IDed" him right from the start. Probably wondering how, right?  ;D

Hmmm, next game Sabotage II: ?
Never mind, looks like a new one's starting.
Fast, I want Sabotage II ;)

Quote from: D'Espana on February 21, 2013, 12:56:50 AM
BTW, did you notice that in the end the treaty is signed by an Arcaean and a Cathayan? I bet they agreed to Arcaea absorbing OW and Cathay annexing Sorraine. Damned foreign diplomats...
Well, the two guarantors surely receive some kind of reward, dont they? I mean they come and spend sometime here at this diplomatic conference  ::)

Quote from: Fury on February 21, 2013, 03:06:23 AM

Yes, this is the part that hint to me, D'Espana is the last bad guy. If only the bad guys do not know each other, that would be interesting 8)

Quote from: Penchant on February 21, 2013, 05:41:50 AM
What would have been really interesting or could be in the future at least, is if two bad guys were rivals.
The day may come when GM decide to do this. It will be an epic final day when 2 last bad guys left :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Sonya

Quote from: Ketchum on February 21, 2013, 04:54:26 PM
The day may come when GM decide to do this. It will be an epic final day when 2 last bad guys left :o

That's a nice idea, but there should be a way to determine which of them is the winner.

• # Success murders give them (Y) quatity of (X) that can be use to measure villain ability, in case it victims had "Escapist" or "lucky" traits they wotn get that (Y) that day.
  • Traits, but that will decide by random which villain wins since the beginning.
  • The Son Of (B) factor during the game, leave the rest of the players (the dead) to decide who of the two villain confused, betrayed, dirtied, and blatantly accused the others. In resume Voting.
  • Dice at the end of the game.

Well the chances for "two villain who don't know each other" to survive until the last day is...Slim. The hardest ending possible, unless each one of them find themselves and plan it, is like winning the lottery.

I love the idea, my mind explode with calculations:
10 players (#11 npc dead doesn't count)
8 victims
2 villains (a & b)
1 hunt and 1 lynch per day. (max 5 days*)
Interchangeable day of hunt
A hunt day: 1.3.(5 if alive*)
B hunt day: 2.4.(5 if alive*)

* Day 5 wont be necessary, thus parity will be generated. Day 5 only works only if parity removed, but then is a battle of traits,   
   where the assassin always wins, or both kill each other (brutal Trait), or victim wins (Hunter Trait)

Please, some one start a new game!!!

Dishman

I used to kick around in epicmafia.com and they would have setups of 12 (I think) with 2 mafia and 1 'killer'. You have to have a few more townie specials (seer/detective/doctor), but it was neat to see mafia fight killer. Mafia won if they reached parity like normal, but killer won if he survived till only 2 left.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Norrel

Quote from: Dishman on February 21, 2013, 05:54:18 PM
I used to kick around in epicmafia.com and they would have setups of 12 (I think) with 2 mafia and 1 'killer'. You have to have a few more townie specials (seer/detective/doctor), but it was neat to see mafia fight killer. Mafia won if they reached parity like normal, but killer won if he survived till only 2 left.

In most EM killer setups the mafia and the killer usually went for joint wins, though, which kinda defeated the purpose.
"it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings."
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Dishman

Quote from: Norrel on February 21, 2013, 05:58:12 PM
In most EM killer setups the mafia and the killer usually went for joint wins, though, which kinda defeated the purpose.

Yeah, but EM is horrible for people playing for points rather than a good game. On a forum, at least there is a much better chance that people will play for fun rather than for a win.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Norrel

Quote from: Dishman on February 21, 2013, 06:22:07 PM
Yeah, but EM is horrible for people playing for points rather than a good game. On a forum, at least there is a much better chance that people will play for fun rather than for a win.

Mafiascum is still a better community through-and-through
"it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings."
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre