Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 115099 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #165: February 11, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
The danger in making this kind of argument, Sonya, is that it exposes one to the same critique. There are many people who believe that Sonya—or more specifically, inept or lazy dukes/duchesses—were the root cause of the Carelian dysfunction. They failed to perform basic tasks expected of them, and the Duchess of Strombran in particular seemed rather hesitant to go to war with her old friends in the Cagilan Empire. All of this resulted in the squandering of much excellent forethought and planning on the part of the Queen.

Whether one believes the above to be true is irrelevant. The point is that it cannot be properly refuted—just argued about incessantly, which is hardly a good thing for players to be doing.

Is true, if i were more active during these times Carelia wouldn't be like is now, but there are times that we cant control the time we can spent IG. since past December i had to leave the city, and came back yesterday. same happened that time, once i could recover my time  was too late.

Certainly, the way i play "that" character is very strict in  the code of honor, i didn't wanted the war with the Empire for the friends i had, but because it was wrong to fight and betray an ally. but also the wishes of the crown was absolute for Sonya. the Queen wanted war, i was no one (even as Duchess) no one to complain, and changing allegiance/seceding is a 700% no. all i did to protest was staying within walls. Then later it came my Job promotion i had to move, etc. etc....ahh Real Life that i love so much......

But this turn made me play a role i hate the most and is "The Politician" it stresses me more than my real job itself, i hit the desk so hard a couple of times that people around me was scared that i was gonna fire some one.

And i have to thank BM and everyone of you for turning my lightweight hobby game in a living hell, one of these days i swear i will exile myself to the Colonies.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:19:09 PM by Sonya »