Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 112930 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #270: February 24, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »
I think people have been using "peace and stagnation" as a boogeyman. Atamara has not been at peace since Enri started as General, many years ago. Since then we've seen stagnation on EC, FEI, and BT (post Daimon invasion), but not AT. People keep crying about the sky falling after every peace treaty, but soon enough another war starts.

Yes, the League bloc keeps winning wars. Yes, its leadership ruthlessly goes after any perceived threats and roots them out. Yes, the League has been ganged up on with superior numbers and won anyway. Why should success be punished? Why should superior strategy and diplomacy be demonized?

Correction: It's been bad for the realms and nobles that challenged the League bloc and lost. I suggest that they don't lose next time. That should help.  ;)

Success shouldn't be punished, it is true. My main concern with the power structure on AT is the way that all those wars you speak of have a way of becoming one-sided affairs as soon as CE chooses sides. It's just too bad that two realms that want to fight each other end up having to worry less about each other and more about who CE and Tara will side with. This ends up discouraging conflict for everyone but CE and Tara. No one wants to give CE an excuse to come after them so everyone tiptoes quietly around hoping they don't give CE any excuses until someone else screws up and ends up on the executioner's block.

I don't know, maybe after this things will actually change for the better. With virtually no credible threats left out there other than Suville, perhaps Silverfire will turn out to be right after all and tensions will rise between members of the CE bloc. That would, frankly, be a wonderful thing.